★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Run, dodge and cut through hordes of enemies and skilled bosses!

"I was able to enjoy the games colorful backdrops and one of those gaming zen moments." - TouchGen

Your village has been attacked. Many are slain. Many are taken. You must run after those who did this, don't let them stop you, and free your friends and family.

Make your way through 30 levels including 3 boss fights in this beautifully painted samurai sword fighting/running game.

You die from only one hit so you have to outmanouver your enemies by changing position close to them. Some levels are quite puzzling, but there are multiple solutions and the many checkpoints will help your progress.

Prepare yourself to face countless enemies and tough bosses. Will you have the samurai skills needed to complete this mission?

FEATURES:
- Universal Version, Compatible with iPad / iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch (3rd Gen.) and above
- Retina Display Support for the new iPad and iPhone
- Make your way through 30 Levels with Multiple Checkpoints and 3 Boss Fights
- 3 Chapters of Increasing Difficulty which features Unique Graphics
- 4 Difficulty Settings provides Long-Time Challenges and Replayability
- Beautiful Cutscenes
- Puzzling Levels with Multiple Solutions
- Game Center Achievements

MORE GAMES BY ME:
Check out my new game Scrap Hunt!

AntonHultdin's comments:
Hi! I'm a game developer from Sweden. My first game Samurai Rush has just been released on the App Store.

I started making it as a PC game with all the design, art, music and sounds. Then my friends at the company Level Eight made it work on iOS, so it's a joint venture. I hope you like it!

Screenshots:

Description:
Your village has been attacked. Many are slain. Many are taken. You must run after those who did this, dont let them stop you, and free your friends and family.

Prepare yourself to face hordes of enemies and tough bosses.
Will you have the samurai skills needed to complete this mission?

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samurai-rush-hd/id531324991?l=sv&ls=1&mt=8

07-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Can you tell us more about the game?

Is it like an endless runner? Or more of a story focused game? Does it have multiple levels?
07-16-2012, 03:20 AM
The game is story driven, you have a specific goal at the end, so it's not an endless runner.

You progress through 30 levels, including 3 boss fights, divided into three episodes.

Every level, except the boss fights, is a certain distance filled with groups of enemies with checkpoints between them, and the goal on each level is to make it through. Each level takes one or a few minutes to complete if you play rather well.

You die on one hit so there can be a bit of puzzling and problem sovling, but with room for several solutions. On many levels you can choose not to cut down a single enemy by just dodging, if you like. Or you can try to cut down every single one of them.

When you complete the game you unlock new difficulty levels that speeds you up so you have to react faster. I've noticed that you don't really remember the levels after you've played them, much because you can solve them in many ways, so it's a new experience every re-run.

It can be a bit tricky to get a hang of the gameplay rules at first, so it's slow and easy in the beginning, but after a while you'll be able to move really fast through a line of enemies and not thinking, just reacting, which is the basic idea of the game.
07-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey Anton, I tried out the iPhone-specific version yesterday and was quite pleasantly surprised. The opening animation specifically (there's a lot of specification in this post, isn't there? >_>) was excellent. I just wanted to ask...as far as the HD (universal, for those who care) version's concerned, it's the full game from the get-go, right? No IAP to unlock the later levels...yeah?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks! Good to hear you like it!

Yes, the HD (Universal) version is the full game all the way, no IAP at all.
Maybe I should specify that in the description text on App Store... Thank's for the idea!