App description: Raise Dozens of Monsters!

My Monster Rancher marks the first time the beloved monster breeding series will come to your smartphone. Fans of the series will recognize popular critters such as the adorable Mocchi or the devilish Suezo. Use your wits as a breeder to train and battle your monsters, or send them on adventures looking for hidden treasure. Visit your friends and work together to see who can be the best monster rancher in the world!

My Monster Rancher is powered by Mobage, the best, free, social gaming network.

iANiMeX's comments:

Quote:
Price: FREE
Size: 98.3 MB
Languages: English, Japanese
Seller: Mobage, Inc.
Tecmo Koei Canada

Top In-App Purchases

Satchel of MR Coin$4.99
Bag of MR Coin$9.99
Sack of MR Coin$19.99
Description
Raise Dozens of Monsters!

My Monster Rancher marks the first time the beloved monster breeding series will come to your smartphone. Fans of the series will recognize popular critters such as the adorable Mocchi or the devilish Suezo. Use your wits as a breeder to train and battle your monsters, or send them on adventures looking for hidden treasure. Visit your friends and work together to see who can be the best monster rancher in the world!

My Monster Rancher is powered by Mobage, the best, free, social gaming network.
07-12-2012, 08:38 AM
I remember playing these games on my PS1 and PS2. Excited to download and try this out!

07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm guessing that there is no "random monster generator" with this game. That's a shame. That was always the best part of the series -- putting a CD into the game and seeing what type of monster it unlocked. My favorite was one that came from an Oingo Boingo CD. My kids still talk about "Boingo" and how sad it was when he finally died.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I'd really like to see how this is. Obviously it won't take CDs, but there are other methods monsters can be generated (words, bar codes?).

I'd just hope the gameplay is some sort of decent.
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe based on mp3 content? Types of apps?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Gosh just when I wanted to go out for Breakfast. Expect the usual in around one Hour.
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Brings back old memories. Glad to see this type of game.
07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
07-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Couldn't they make a feature where you hold your phone up to a playing song (like shazam) to get a generated monster like the good old days?
I agree that was the best part, I don't think the game will be the same, or as desirable without it.
I love games with random chance if getting something really cool.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
07-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Or like the GBA versions, have different random codes you can input and get monsters from that. Was just as fun.