★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to Airspin, a flight tourism destination with locations on City Island, Aurora Island, and Skull Island! Now that you've arrived it's your turn to take control of the most maneuverable light plane around. With it you will explore the islands' landmarks, test your skills on landing pads, zoom through speed zones, and defy death in fiery crash zones!

- 3 spectacular island locales with 100 goals each!

- 5 planes to choose from, all with animated flaps, rudder, etc.

- iCloud support (goals and options synchronized between all iOS devices)

- Flight model based in reality but augmented for fun

- Takeoff and land at will

- Lots to see

- Free flight mode

- GPS option in case you can't find all the goals!

Thanks for playing!

Also try Airspin Real, now available on the App Store!

Jeremy Alessi's comments:
I'm happy to announce Airspin for iOS, which has now been updated and optimized in version 1.01!

Here are 10 promo codes to celebrate the 1.01 update!
FK9AJT34X99N
XK7TFKR4XAME
WLKFW7XLJT9W
MYHA46T7NMXN
Y37MT3H9TWMH
XWL6LK44RET4
NWJ39E664EXH
YH97YKKYTNP7
XRL794FAM4MP
MEK3XLTWLLLL

Thanks for playing!
07-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Looks great! Going to use that promo code to good use.

07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
YH97YKKYTNP7 taken.
07-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Y37MT3H9TWMH
Thanks!
07-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Codes are all gone. Anyone have any impressions on this? Looks pretty good...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm curious to hear about this also. I'd like to know How to control the plane. Is it tilt?
Is there only a first person view or is there a 3rd person view? Need some impressions on this.
07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
The controls are tilt (calibration button in the upper right corner). In addition there's a brake and turbo button. Currently, there are 3 camera views (3rd person behind the plane, 1st person, and 3rd person stationary camera for more dramatic views of the plane). I hope you check it out!

Now I'm back to work on the next update...
07-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate the info.

Any chance of any other control configs in the future? This reminds me of Air Mail (Chillingo) and I loved the feel of that game. It had tilt, touch, and advanced controls.

Regardless, the game looks really good from the screenshots and I can't wait to explore the world you built.
07-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes, it's very similar to Air Mail but not as comprehensive. When Air Mail came out I had already been working for about 2 months on Airspin and was kind of depressed because that game is pretty amazing so I was worried that people would be tired of the flight exploration genre on iOS and also say that Airspin sucks in comparison (which it kind of does unfortunately). Nevertheless I had already invested too much in Airspin to scrap it so here it is for better or worse.

One thing I think Airspin has over Air Mail is the precision of the controls. Air Mail feels somewhat *loose to me, although I still think the controls are great in that game. Of course Air Mail has a lot more content and polish (cool story etc...). Anyway, I will definitely look into adding multiple control setups if players don't think the tilt controls are great.

All that said I'm working on new content for Airspin right now. My biggest goal with Airspin was to just program solid and fun flight mechanics. If I was able to achieve that goal then I can add content to give players more interesting places to see and goals to achieve. I'd also love to do multiplayer.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by Jeremy Alessi; 07-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
The tilt controls aren't bad, but it will turn some people away as they just don't like them in general. Some people don't like using tilt in public as they think they look silly.

After playing about 20 minutes, I agree with Jeremy. His comments are pretty much spot on. It is like Air Mail, but there are a few different variables.

1. You can run out of gas in the collectible mode. Is there anyway to refill?

2. Some of the 'missions' are to crash the airplane into certain places. I found this to be a new spin which is neat.

Nice game. I feel like my $2 was well spent, not a bad price point, especially with future updates.

For future updates, the following would be cool. Just a wish list...

1. Touch controls.
2. Some types of missions, ie. taxiing passengers around the island,
3. More maps.

Bugs: leader board doesn't seem to work.
update: Leaderboard seems fine now. Must have been me.

Last edited by Nshager; 07-13-2012 at 11:27 AM.