★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple's "App of the week" thread

07-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Apple's "App of the week" thread

Hey,

Starting from today, I will be posting the latest Apple free app promotion. Each promotion goes live every Thursday, and a selected app goes free for the week.

The promotion will be listed/updated on this thread each week. Keep an eye out on this thread.

The current promotion : FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

Last edited by skeletonlord; 07-19-2012 at 08:41 PM.
07-14-2012, 11:14 AM

Last edited by dclose; 07-26-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added this week's pick!

07-14-2012, 11:33 AM
How to do that? Is it just find the link for the website and then post that address?
07-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
How to do that? Is it just find the link for the website and then post that address?
Find the link for Apple iTunes app, then surround it with [ appinfo ] and [ /appinfo ] without the spaces. If you quote my post, above, you'll see how to do it. Use [ appinfo=all ] for the first embedded appinfo reference, if you want to see even more information about the app, otherwise use the shortened basic version.
07-14-2012, 02:23 PM
personally, i find picframe artist (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picframe-artist-template-pro/id515959813?mt=8) amuch better app in this field, but hey diptic is good too and it's free so hell grab it

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
07-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Find the link for Apple iTunes app, then surround it with [ appinfo ] and [ /appinfo ] without the spaces. If you quote my post, above, you'll see how to do it. Use [ appinfo=all ] for the first embedded appinfo reference, if you want to see even more information about the app, otherwise use the shortened basic version.
Thank you, since I post alot of free apps, this is very useful, couldn't find a help file on the board how to do it, so now I can post my own links which is helpful...

Also, this thread will be cool to keep up with their promotions. Kinda cool that it is happening cause some very cool apps that normally wouldn't be free are now turning free. And they get tons of free publicity too.

Edit: just tried to make a link for one of my posts, can't get to the itunes store on my ipad, so is above info pertain only to pc and macs? Is there anyway to link easily from my ipad?

Last edited by Connector; 07-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Edit: just tried to make a link for one of my posts, can't get to the itunes store on my ipad, so is above info pertain only to pc and macs? Is there anyway to link easily from my ipad?
What I do is search for the app (by name) using Google in Safari, then cut and paste the link from there (press and hold link and wait for cut/copy pop-up).

Here's a link to a list of supported special codes on Touch Arcade, that I'm sure you'll find useful too.
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
What I do is search for the app (by name) using Google in Safari, then cut and paste the link from there (press and hold link and wait for cut/copy pop-up).

Here's a link to a list of supported special codes on Touch Arcade, that I'm sure you'll find useful too.
Thank you for being so kind. Couldn't find this before, but I knew it had to be around somewhere. Thanks!
07-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm sort of dissapointed by this one, I guess I wanted a game, not a picture editor.

#swag
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF1sh View Post
I'm sort of dissapointed by this one, I guess I wanted a game, not a picture editor.
Maybe it will be a game this Thursday! Keep an eye out!