Modern Combat 4 Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBRUU, Jul 14, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ok guys, I know it isn't out yet but given the success that MC3 and MC2 were, I think another sequel is in the works. So what are some of the top things you want to see in the game? Ragdoll effects? 14 player multiplayer? Voice chat? Better campaign? More guns/perks? Tell me!

2. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Would rather they just udpdate MC3

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Vehicles.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    One wish: Send someone from the Gameloft dev team over to Madfinger to learn how to get a game to look great without a ridiculous file size. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I rarely bother with GL games anymore because of their mammoth size. Throw some resources into optimization.

5. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    -keep under 1GB, anything over 1GB i expect legit console quality experience
    -controllable killstreaks
    -throwable C4
    -nerf athlete pro, you run as fast as a racecar with it
    -faster ADS on sniper rifles or on all weapons or make a perk for faster ADS
    -pistol should be able to shoot as fast as you tap and should be semi-auto
    -better character models, everyone look so skinny and KPR enemies look like retarded power rangers in their uniforms
    -better story, KPR seriously? They don't even speak the same language or have any political ties togethers
    -better voice acting and stop saying "stay frosty" each CoD game only say it like 2 times throughout the whole game but in MC3 someone says it every 5min
    -double tap crouch to prone
    -remove sliding its useless and you cant control how far you slide and you cant cancel the slide once you do it
    -add dive to prone instead of sliding
    -make a bomb squad variant where when you die you have to wait for the round to finish to respawn like SnD in CoD, right now its impossible to defuse when they just keep coming back with rockets and grenade
    -remove the "blinking" effect its stupid and no one blinks that slow.
    -more action packed cutscene
    -original story please no more CoD clones

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Noooooo, we wouldn't be able to teabag hackers/campers.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #7 LOLavi, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    -14 player multiplayer
    -Voice chat
    -More guns/perks
    -Controllable Chopper Gunner or other killstreaks
    -NO HACKERS!!!!
    -Smaller size although I'd still get it anyway
    -Throwable C4 so suicide bombing or bombing in general would be easier
    -Faster ADS
    -Hold crouch to prone
    -SnD. Ninja defuses. I don't like how it lets everyone know when you're defusing it but doesnt when theyre placing it. Also. No respawns.
    -Dive, no slide.
    -Buff snipers and pistols
    -Nerf OPS and KT
    -Balanced perks
    -Balanced guns
    -BALANCE THE WHOLE GAME

MC4 is in fact in the works. Gameloft replied on youtube to some guy asking for MC4 and they said that they don't have an official release date.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'd settle for something that runs well and doesn't constantly bring cod to mind every second, while still maintaining the great multiplayer experience. Never gonna happen :p

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'd settle for hacker free. Oh and I really want P90, Type 95 and Striker as guns.

10. I would add icloud support and also add more videos, but link it to youtube so it wouldn't take up space on my ipad. Or make the videos downloadable but deletable.

Cause I love those 3d animated combat videos.

11. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes!!! If only, huh...

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Filesize wise there is kind of a reason why MC3 is that much bigger than Dead Trigger. It may have something to do with one game having 10 massive campaign levels each fully voiced and 7 (I think? can't remember the exact number) fairly large multiplayer maps compared to the 4 or 5 maps in Dead Trigger wich are all smaller than the biggest multiplayer maps in MC3.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes and the art assets from DT and Shadowgun are reused over and over and over again. I'm fine with 1.5 gb+ file sizes for games like MC3.

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Shadowgun and Samurai II are both fairly sizeable games, Shadowgun with more than its share of voiceovers. Neither are huge 1GB+ games (or even close). Shadowgun even has an expansion added to the main game.

There's a reason why Gameloft games are huge, just not a good reason.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same, as long as the game is MC3 :p

Sorry GeekyDad, but MC3 has lots of more content so obviously it's bigger. There's actually 8 maps now.

Also, I'd like an aim button that you have to hold to go in scope. Would help quickscoping.

Besides, nowadays when iOS has grown graphically, 200mb is not considered "big".

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Things that could happen from your list:

-ragdolls
    -destructible enviroments
    -particle effects
    -partly bigger maps
    -enemies will fall naturally
    -graphic customization

Bigger maps sure, but not BF big. The game is a CoD clone and I highly doubt they're just suddenly gonna jump ahead and clone BF. It could happen I guess, but controllable killstreaks are more likely. If you mean no quick 5 minute matches then no, they'll always have a wide variety of time limits. Better customization for older devices? I wish Gameloft was like Madfingers, but unfortunately they're not :( Graphic customization could happen like the way they were in Bops Zombies, but doubt it's gonna happen.

But hey, no one was expecting MC3 to be this impressive? It could happen. And by impressive I am not talking of hackers and bugs and lag...

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There's no way even current gen idevices could handle destrucable environments, vehicles on the scale that you're talking about, or bf3 scale maps (come on, those are several square miles). besides, even of they could, where would the heat go from the processor and CPU? Nova already heats it up like crazy...

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sorry, to keep the filesoze down madfinger just recycled the same textures. There's a reason why all the levels look the same...

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

To sum the thread up: We want Battlefield 3 on our iDevices, but it should only be like 300 mb big?

20. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #20 k1lljoy_89, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    god damnit, NO VEHICLES, that sucked on NOVA 3, and for gods sake NO big maps, none of that stuff, screw destructible environments, you say you want smaller size that shit's gonna push it to the limit (like 2gb) it's not going to be a console game, don't try and make it one or you end up wth NOVA 3. Big maps on and ios game ends up like BF3 on PS3. BORING. I just want a new mc3, with more types of guns, burst fire, uzi's stuff like that, some more control like prone etc (hold down crouch, not double tap wtf) better kill streaks, and no hackers. That's all I ask. I want a MC3 sequel, not a failed attempt at something bigger like NOVA 3.

Before you say anything JBRUU, lol, no i'm not underestimating the capabilities of our devices, and I'm not speaking from a iPod users view cuz I'm getting an iPad this year I'll have you know, I want the best game too, but shit like that will be too much.