Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

How can I give you money.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyGnome View Post
SUPER good. Don't judge this game on the screenies, the community is great, the combat is quick and satisfying, and the creator is online constantly. Plus: No freemium gimmicks! Booyah!
Thanks for this comment because this looks like one I would usually skip over without a second look.

I havent tried it yet, but it appears to have its supporters
Old 07-15-2012, 02:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
How can I give you money.
Don't. I do plan on monetizing the app but through IAP with perks that do not limit gameplay. For instance, extra chat privileges, extra exp per mob kill, extra $$$ per mob kill, etc. I do operate at a loss right now but I have a day job that pays well so this is basically a hobby at this point. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud is pretty cheap- overhead is $70/month at this point. Hell, as of two months ago I was not paying any server costs as I was using a mini EC2 instance...
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Read about this game here yesterday for the first time and tried it out - had to force myself to quit gaming for two minutes to come back here and tell everybody how well made and insanely addicting this game is. Thanks so much for TA community for mentioning this game - and thanks to the developer for creating it.

Count me in if you ever implement IAPs etc.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 AM
iPhone 4

Default unbelievable

unbelievable why not more pleople play and enjoy this game. it's so beautyful and you get easily addicted!
if you look for a FREE oldschool rpg with a great community: just test it! if you don't do it, it's a great mistake. give it a try!
we will see us ingame :-)
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM

Was wondering Crazquest, in terms of long term plans, is there going to be more traditional class diversification, ie ranged weaponry and skills for a ranged class etc? ? Are you planing on giving mobs more unique abilities/ challenges? Also, in terms of loot I love finding and waiting for something to drop but are you considering truly unique drops rather than the known static ones?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Yay

Yay for crazyquest it keeps getting better and better
Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfox76 View Post
Was wondering Crazquest, in terms of long term plans, is there going to be more traditional class diversification, ie ranged weaponry and skills for a ranged class etc? ? Are you planing on giving mobs more unique abilities/ challenges? Also, in terms of loot I love finding and waiting for something to drop but are you considering truly unique drops rather than the known static ones?
The long term plan is lots of freeform skill/stat/equipment decision making (no traditional classes, but choices made by players). However, there is a plan to add guilds to the game (possibly but not necessarily including Vampires, Zombies, etc etc).

Mobs do have unique attacks, but many of the higher level areas don't take advantage of this simply due to the fact that I haven't had sufficient time to add them in. One thing I definitely want to start adding is monsters having the ability to use the same skills/spells that players do (the code is set up such that this is very possible). I think this will add even more complexity and fun to the combat system.

One idea I've been toying with is the notion of having "unique" items- what I mean by this is that there would only be one instant of such an item game wide, and there would be some sort of "expiry" of said items (perhaps once every few days, or a week). This would allow me to put really cool awesome equipment in the game without damaging the balance of it overall, and give dedicated players the ability to gloat over their awesome equipment (for a time).
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I played this an hour or so last night. Would have played longer if I hadn't been so exhausted. I think it strikes an excellent balance in that it has the imaginative freedom of a MUD, but with enough of a graphical interface to make it very convenient to play on an iPhone. Highly recommended.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Enjoying this immensely. Very well done and fun to play. Could recommend it enough.