Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'm actually having a blast. Give it a go, people! It's not often I find a game I think I'll stick to on the iOS - there's a lot of depth here.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Give this game a try! It has a great community, the dev is active in chat (which you rarely see in other games), and best of all the game is fun!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:39 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Okay that was fun. I have no idea what I'm doing but the guys are really helpful with answering questions and I like that you can do whatever with your character.
I didn't get booted when my signal dropped either which is cool.
I've not played anything like this on IOS before, and i can see myself keeping up with this game for ages
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The screenshots may fool you but once you start playing this turns into an amazingly unqiue rpg! I would give this 5/5 stars easily and the community is very helpful towards new players so I didn't have a problem getting started. Check it out and join us!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad mini

All old school RPG fans need to try this. It's a blast, and I've been addicted for the last 24 hours since I started playing

Also, there's nothing to lose since its free, and has no IAP.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

I really can't call a menu based game a "hack and slash" game. That is usually reserved to real time battle with simplistic button mashing battle gameplay
Old 07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedblades View Post
I really can't call a menu based game a "hack and slash" game. That is usually reserved to real time battle with simplistic button mashing battle gameplay
I appreciate the comment. But I'd counter with Wikipedia's "Hack and Slash" definition:

"Hack and slash or hack and slay, abbreviated H&S or HnS, refers to a type of gameplay that emphasizes combat. "Hack and slash" was originally used to describe a play style in tabletop role-playing games, carrying over from there to MUDs, MMORPGs, and video games in general. In console- and arcade-style video games, the usage specifically implies a focus on combat with hand-to-hand weapons. In other contexts it is more general, and an archer or unarmed martial artist may participate as fully in a hack and slash game, or be as hack-and-slash oriented as an individual, as an armed melee fighter. Both variations of the term are often written in hyphenated form and with the conjunction contracted, e.g. hack-and-slash, hack 'n' slay."

But yes, you do have a point. I've been meaning to change the text, anyway... But I do believe the marketing text and images are not disingenuous in the least.

EDIT: Full disclosure - further down in the Wikipedia page, it does refer to the following:

".... The term "hack and slash" is today used to refer to a distinct genre of 3D third-person, weapon-based, beat 'em up action games in the style of Devil May Cry,[7][8] including games such as Onimusha,[8] Ninja Gaiden, Knights Contract, God of War, Heavenly Sword, and Bayonetta.[7] ..."

What can I say, I live in the past... it's marked as a retro game isn't it??

Last edited by CrazyQuest; 07-15-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

I am not contesting how great the game is. It just felt a little misleading as I have been spoiled by more active hack and slash games.
The game didn't work out for me, but I still tip my hat to devs like you. Keep it up!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM

This is, hands down, the best game available on the iPhone. It's simple to start and challenging when it needs to be. Addicting is too mild a word for it. The advent of the chat feature brings an all new level of competition. I can't get enough!!!! The designer is constantly improving and adding to the game. He's on the chat all the time so you can speak directly to him. What other game does that?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wanted to join the chorus of voices that this is a great little game that deserves more attention.

Downloaded it earlier today due to this forum and now have to go recharge my battery.

There is no cost, no IAP, and the Dev is in the chat room replying and taking suggestions for updates.

I seriously hope he adds some sort of way to send him money for his efforts. I suggest $1 for a gold piece.