★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fast Food Nation: A Very Cool Time Managment Game (Now FREE)

05-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Fast Food Nation: A Very Cool Time Managment Game (Now FREE)

Fast Food Nation is one of the best time management games on the App Store (most likely because it contains food). You have to be fast enough to fill the demand of customers before they leave.

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game starts easy, with only the preparation of hotdogs, but then gets more difficult with condiments, sides, and lots of more customers. Those are some of the many upgrades you can purchase. The in game graphics are very nice, but the menu is poorly put together. There is no visual feedback when pressing menu buttons. It does, however, include character customization, kitchen customization, and trophies.

I think this game is worth the price. With the trophies and upgrades, you will stay playing for a long time.

App Store (Lite)
App Shopper (Lite)
Developer

Visit Hidden App Gems to find iPhone and iPod Touch game reviews, find the latest sales, and enter contests to win FREE games!

Current Contests: WifiTrak & That Ain't It
05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Potential Lawsuit?

05-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, probably. Might want to get this one before it is gone. I thought it was based on that book/movie until I saw the screen shots (BTW, that was the worst movie that I have ever seen).

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I doubt there will be a law suit, seeing as its been out for 6 months already. There was a thread about it awhile back...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...st+food+nation

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
05-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, doubt there will be a lawsuit. I did want to say that the latest update really improved the graphics of the game and now is seems much more polished.
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Just played the Lite version and its really good. Unfortunely Im not willing to dish 2.99 for it. If it goes to 0.99 cents I'll probably get it, Im really cheap.The different variety of things to make is awesome.
08-23-2009, 05:10 PM
08-23-2009, 11:19 PM
omg fast food nation is a movie? how about a lawsuit from Super Size Me?
08-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Three things came to mind about this...

One is that if they aren't getting sued for using the name it's only because it's not worth the time and effort, but it's amazing Apple lets them rip off a name like this considering all the other things that kill app approvals.

Two is that the book is a really compelling argument against the fast food industry (the movie too, but it's not nearly as good as the book) and an expose of all the disgusting practices behind it... That makes this game using the name both kind of funny and really sad.

And three is that being a fast food worker is about the most un-fun job imaginable (I know from experience back in high school) and something most of us spend our lives trying to avoid doing... It's also funny and sad that people would pay money for a game based on that...
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Now FREE for today.