★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I would say NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is absolute console quality.

07-16-2012, 12:38 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 361
I would say NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is absolute console quality.

It took me some time to think about this---can a IOS game compared with a AAA console game?
NOVA 3 is the answer. Although it's a rip off of Crysis, but it's not like the MC3 to COD.
I can enjoy the MC3, but I'd say COD is much better. NOVA 3's story mode is pretty bad, but the multiplayer mode is epic.
COD has better graphic than MC3, meanwhile NOVA 3 has a inferior graphic compares to Crysis 2, but it's good enough as a sci-fi game.
In terms of control, COD is much better than MC3. But NOVA 3 has it's own style compares to Crysis 2.
It's not easy to admit NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is so great due to I paid for my gold membership.

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
07-16-2012, 12:44 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 492
What did I just read

07-16-2012, 03:41 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Wouldn't You like to know :P jk Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
What did I just read
This. Nova 3 multiplayer has so many flaws. If you want I can name the ones I know

Hi, I'm Ajay
iMessage: ajaysaini1996@yahoo.ca
GAMELOFT LIVE ID: STK_ULTIMACY
www.youtube.com/AceTheTopGun

07-16-2012, 06:52 AM
#4
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Mc3 over Nova 3 any day. Mc3 is flawed as hell but Nova even more
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
#5
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Mc3 over Nova 3 any day. Mc3 is flawed as hell but Nova even more
No way. Can you name some flaw points other than jetpack?

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarence View Post
It took me some time to think about this---can a IOS game compared with a AAA console game?
No.

Just no.

I don't want a signature.

Last edited by DodgerBlue016; 07-16-2012 at 11:21 AM.
07-16-2012, 11:35 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Wouldn't You like to know :P jk Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 338
Looks like you all need some explanation. Graphically Nova 3 is by far one of the greatest games available on the AppStore but still not comparable to console quality games such as halo or crysis. Now to get on with the flaws with the multiplayer:

1. Bullet Lag is insane on iPad 2. I was playing an instagib match and I had the enemy in my aim and shot and it took 5 seconds to register the shot. This lag was not dude to my Internet connection.

2. Guns are underpowered. The first assault rifle you start off with deals very little damage and I believe playing on a lower end device this must be frustrating as hell.

3. The Sprint button is totally messed up. For those of you who play mc3 will understand in what way it's messed up.

4. When playing matches with Aim Asist on it is nearly impossible to get kills with the alien gun because the aim assist aims a little BEHIND the enemy + the bullet delay makes it nearly impossible to get kills.

5. The Jetpack is totally overpowered. It should have been made as an unlockable item when you prestiged instead of allowing users to buy it right from the beginning with credits. The Jetpack coupled with the RPG makes for a devasting class especially when unlimited ammo hackers spam it.

6. Vehicle Controls. Self Explanatory.

7. Oh god the draw distance and framerate on old devices. Credits to Der Kleine.

And thats my little rant. Mc3 no matter how bad it may be right now is much better than the failure of Nova 3. Gameloft had a good idea and theme going but the execution was poorly done. And you can't say I'm a COD fanboy since I don't own any consoles. Anyways I will go ur and say it right now the original poster is wrong and a little foolish as well for making this idiotic post. I know everyone has opinions but this was just silly.

Hi, I'm Ajay
iMessage: ajaysaini1996@yahoo.ca
GAMELOFT LIVE ID: STK_ULTIMACY
www.youtube.com/AceTheTopGun


Last edited by xD4RKSH4DOWZx; 07-16-2012 at 12:29 PM.
07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd4rksh4dowzx View Post
looks like you all need some explanation. Graphically nova 3 is by far one of the greatest games available on the appstore but still not comparable to console quality games such as halo or crysis. Now to get on with the flaws with the multiplayer:

1. Bullet lag is insane on ipad 2. I was playing an instagib match and i had the enemy in my aim and shot and it took 5 seconds to register the shot. This lag was not dude to my internet connection.

2. Guns are underpowered. The first assault rifle you start off with deals very little damage and i believe playing on a lower end device this must be frustrating as hell.

3. The sprint button is totally messed up. For those of you who play mc3 will understand in what way it's messed up.

4. When playing matches with aim asist on it is nearly impossible to get kills with the alien gun because the aim assist aims a little behind the enemy + the bullet delay makes it nearly impossible to get kills.

5. The jetpack is totally overpowered. It should have been made as an unlockable item when you prestiged instead of allowing users to buy it right from the beginning with credits. The jetpack coupled with the rpg makes for a devasting class especially when unlimited ammo hackers spam it.

6. Vehicle controls. Self explanatory.

And thats my little rant. Mc3 no matter how bad it may be right now is much better than the failure of nova 3. Gameloft had a good idea and theme going but the execution was poorly done. And you can't say i'm a cod fanboy since i don't own any consoles. Anyways i will go ur and say it right now the original poster is wrong and a little foolish as well for making this idiotic post. I know everyone has opinions but this was just silly.
7. Oh god the draw distance and framerate on old devices.
07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD4RKSH4DOWZx View Post
Looks like you all need some explanation. Graphically Nova 3 is by far one of the greatest games available on the AppStore but still not comparable to console quality games such as halo or crysis. Now to get on with the flaws with the multiplayer:

1. Bullet Lag is insane on iPad 2. I was playing an instagib match and I had the enemy in my aim and shot and it took 5 seconds to register the shot. This lag was not dude to my Internet connection.

2. Guns are underpowered. The first assault rifle you start off with deals very little damage and I believe playing on a lower end device this must be frustrating as hell.

3. The Sprint button is totally messed up. For those of you who play mc3 will understand in what way it's messed up.

4. When playing matches with Aim Asist on it is nearly impossible to get kills with the alien gun because the aim assist aims a little BEHIND the enemy + the bullet delay makes it nearly impossible to get kills.

5. The Jetpack is totally overpowered. It should have been made as an unlockable item when you prestiged instead of allowing users to buy it right from the beginning with credits. The Jetpack coupled with the RPG makes for a devasting class especially when unlimited ammo hackers spam it.

6. Vehicle Controls. Self Explanatory.

And thats my little rant. Mc3 no matter how bad it may be right now is much better than the failure of Nova 3. Gameloft had a good idea and theme going but the execution was poorly done. And you can't say I'm a COD fanboy since I don't own any consoles. Anyways I will go ur and say it right now the original poster is wrong and a little foolish as well for making this idiotic post. I know everyone has opinions but this was just silly.
hey, you refer both halo and crysis. Halo reach is better than the rest of Halo grachically, still no way compete with Crysis.
In fact, graphic of Halo is pretty bad. That's why NOVA 3 is console quality, it's definitely better than halo 2 and way better than HALO 3 in terms of graphic.
I would say this:
No dynamic shade or light in NOVA 3, but you can't notice if it's dynamic or static during a multiplay game.
And the polygons of charater is less than a console, but it's a FPS game, most of time you have no chance to get a close look at other players. Stare at someone more than 1 sec leads to death.
1.bullet lag is that bad? I'm not sure there are that much lag, may I should play more to find out.
2.you should use the machine gun at first and rifle when you come close at others.
3. the Sprint button is awesome, usually I can escape anytime when I can't beat the enemy by run away.
4.Aim assist is awesome, keep moving and find the right time to kill the others.
5. I agree you with this one, the jetpack nealy ruins the game.
6. It's fair, you get extra ammo or ability by vehicle, so it's not easy to control.
7. this should not be a flaw anyway.

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.

Last edited by klarence; 07-16-2012 at 01:21 PM.
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Wouldn't You like to know :P jk Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarence View Post
hey, you refer both halo and crysis. Halo reach is better than the rest of Halo grachically, still no way compete with Crysis.
In fact, graphic of Halo is pretty bad. That's why NOVA 3 is console quality, it's definitely better than halo 2 and way better than HALO 3 in terms of graphic.
I would say this:
No dynamic shade or light in NOVA 3, but you can't notice if it's dynamic or static during a multiplay game.
And the polygons of charater is less than a console, but it's a FPS game, most of time you have no chance to get a close look at other players. Stare at someone more than 1 sec leads to death.
To be honest your stupidity astounds me. You contradicted yourself because you say that it is Console quality just because of the graphics and then you state that you dnt really notice most of the effects anyways because if you did you'd end up dying in multiplayer. Simply put why would you be concentrating on the gun smoke/lights/detail of the ceiling of the map in an Online FPS game?. Also graphics are just a small factor in making a console quality game. I mean look at Pokemon on the Game boy advance. The graphics may not be the best but the controls and the gameplay is what makes it console quality. If you think just because a game has amazing graphics it must be console quality then you are wrong. Here's an analogy: just because your mom has a pretty face that doesn't neccesarily mean she f*cks like a 20 year old

Hi, I'm Ajay
iMessage: ajaysaini1996@yahoo.ca
GAMELOFT LIVE ID: STK_ULTIMACY
www.youtube.com/AceTheTopGun


Last edited by xD4RKSH4DOWZx; 07-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.