★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: vipValet 1.2 Approved, vipValet Lite in Queue

05-30-2009, 06:16 PM
vipValet 1.2 Approved, vipValet Lite in Queue

Just letting you know that vipValet 1.2 was just approved by Apple. Here is the official changelog:

- Global Leaderboard courtesy of Pwned.com
- The map has been reversed so your hand doesn't get in the way of a car highlight when you touch a customer.
- Cones when you get into an accident.
- Warning when the rage meter gets close to red.
- Added a new truck.
- When an accident occurs, the screen shakes
- Audio shouldn't lag the game anymore when it switches tracks.
- When you are creating a trail for a vehicle and your finger goes over a car, a transparent copy of it will be shown to the left of your finger. This way you'll know what's underneath your finger.

With the introduction of 1.2, I've also added a vipValet Lite. It will let you get a feel for vipValet without committing for a purchase (although that would be nice ). It does not include any online functionality, will not save your local high score, will not let you save/resume your game and it will not really get difficult. It also doesn't have some other gameplay helpers that the full version does. It will let you get a feel for the game though and let you decide if you like the gameplay before purchasing.

Also, if you post an online score, let me know your names so I know who the best is. I'm thinking of doing some contests in coordination with Pwned.com and I think the online leaderboard will definitely help us in coordinating that. Scores can also be linked to Pwned.com accounts so if you have one of those post that up as well!

As always, please please let me know what you think of this update and how I can better the game.

Thanks,
Roy

Last edited by dangerz; 05-31-2009 at 11:30 AM.
05-31-2009, 11:32 AM
vipValet Lite has been approved and is in the app store. It's free, so please try it and let me know what you think.

05-31-2009, 11:35 AM
The new update for vipValet is awesome!

It's so much easier with the screen flipped although I'd like it if there was an option to turn off the transparent copy of the cars.

I seriously recommend this game. It's a perfect mixture of Flight Control and a time management game.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I've been curious about this one. Downloading the 'Lite' now.
05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Yay! I knew that flipping the screen would help the game a bit. I'm now playing MUCH faster than I was!
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Great update! I'm guessing the achievements and alternate lots will be in the next one?
I got 3rd spot on the global leaderboards last night, I wonder if it's still held?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Hmm, no longer available in the UK store.
05-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Great update! I'm guessing the achievements and alternate lots will be in the next one?
I got 3rd spot on the global leaderboards last night, I wonder if it's still held?
Haha yup, it's still there.

You are correct in that the achievements will be in the next update. Same goes for additional sounds.

I'm not sure why the game's not on the UK app store.. i didn't change anything there. Maybe it's just because they're updating things?

Is it the Lite one that isn't or both?

For those that are downloading, please make sure to leave some feedback on the app store for me!

Roy
05-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
Haha yup, it's still there.

You are correct in that the achievements will be in the next update. Same goes for additional sounds.

I'm not sure why the game's not on the UK app store.. i didn't change anything there. Maybe it's just because they're updating things?

Is it the Lite one that isn't or both?

For those that are downloading, please make sure to leave some feedback on the app store for me!

Roy
BOTH versions show up for me on the UK store...

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
05-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
BOTH versions show up for me on the UK store...
Cool, thanks for checking that out. I didn't think I changed anything so it didn't make sense as to why it wouldn't be there.

Roy