★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE SPACE CATS ARE INVADING! Load up and take down the feline army!

Spearhead the resistance and fight your way across a war-torn London in story mode; Team up with awesome mercenaries to save the world! Battle an endless horde of interstellar kitties in survival mode to unlock new weapons and playable characters.

Written and directed by Thomas TomSka Ridgewell, KatataK features a selection of fantastic voice actors alongside hilarious cameo appearances from some of the worlds biggest YouTubers. Theres also a bear with a grenade launcher.

Beautifully rendered in an old-school 16-bit style with animated cutscenes and a supermassive chiptune-inspired soundtrack by genius composer Todd Bryanton, KatataK is a feast for the eyeholes and earholes.

Key Features:
11 Playable Characters
Intense Boss Battles
Survival Leaderboards
Super Cool Guns
No In-App Purchases
Challenging Achievements
Devastating Power-ups
Cats

Terms of Use: http://www.pixelspill.co.uk/#!EULA/c1eu5

This App is recommended for the iPhone 4S or newer.

jordanfwc's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Katatak is now out everyone!!! Posting this thread because I don't see one yet and this game is AMAZING .

It's also out on android here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atatak.android
12-06-2014, 12:42 PM
How is the control? Virtual d-pad?

12-06-2014, 01:20 PM
You auto walk and control the character's shooting. You tap on the right side when/where you want to shoot, then when its time to reload you tap your character on the left side.
I've played a few hours now and I can confidently say this game is awesome. Start with a pistol, clear stages of bad guys and earn money to buy new weapons and upgrades. You get to hire companions to help, fight crazy huge bosses, and the overall presentation and style are really amazing quality. Add to that an endless survival mode and I'd highly recommend it at $1.99
12-06-2014, 02:10 PM
DAT TRAILER!

Holy cow. Buying.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM
yep, this game is fun as hell. premium app with no ads or IAP as well, which I love.
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Found a quick gameplay video.

12-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Hah...this is great. I honestly don't even know where to start and I can't even try to explain what the game's like. After the initial "What the ****!?!" factor, you'll start "getting" the game and it's one of those "I'm so close to unlocking ______...I can't put this down" games. If this looks remotely up your alley, just check it out. I don't think you'll regret it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Found a quick gameplay video, sorry forgot how to embed a video, my apologies if not working

Last edited by sugimulm; 12-06-2014 at 02:54 PM.
12-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Cool. Reminds me of the SNES. Good time. How I missed you...
12-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Looks like its getting some good placement on the charts right now as well. Really pulling for this app because there's not too many games on the Appstore with this amount of heart.