★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I forgot to ask if the map packs worth buying?

Drat!
12-22-2012, 06:27 PM
I have no idea if the map packs are worth buying but for me I plan to pick it up to support the dev team. Maps are ok but very much "rush to the cover in the middle" which works for the game but doesnt leave a lot of options. Possibly need to add neutral turrets that attack both players? Still the team deserves my money for the amount of fun I have had.

You can not sell or trade soldiers or weapons. So make sure you enjoy what you buy! I personally have 60k or so coins and cant make a decision. I am stuck between Kate, Spud, Archie, Madame and Ivan. All seem my style. But I like Pete, the Turret guys and lets just be honest I -want- to try all of them.

The Captain aura enhances your counter-attacks damage as it normally has a penalty to damage. I think the Captain benefits as well but Im not 100% sure. Waiting to be attacked is normally a terrible idea, but since this a Capture and Control scenario it can be handy. To be honest, I have never counter attacked in online play yet.

Early tips I have are opinion based. I picked the Medic girl and she has been amazing. She brings a Revolver to your squad and has a healing aura that extends (at least) 2 squares away, healing friendly soldiers up to 20pts. I gave the Revolver to Dave and put the Assault Rifle on my Captain, while giving the basic Pistol to the Medic. Works very well for me. While Pete and Tim are good they dont bring a weapon that is so versatile for my squad.

Personally it doesnt seem worth buying most weapons solo as I have mentioned. If you want another Assault Rifle why not just pick up a cheap commando too? Just much more cost effective for your precious coins. Katana and Fire-axe seem exceptional though if melee is your play style. However Kate does come with a handy baseball bat for about a Katanas cost.... Then again I only play 14pt games atm. I plan to try 20pts soon but I feel 26 is where "Hey look I spent more money than you." issues will arise. But in the 14pt bracket I like the idea of two 5pt soldiers and a 4pt soldier. I may give 6 / 4 / 4 a try soon though if I nab Spud and his LMG.

Also do NOT jump into multiplayer without going through challenges and the tutorial. You need that free 3rd soldier!

12-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Very interesting. I wouldn't have considered getting that medic girl but now I am.
12-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Man, I was initially thinking that I wouldn't mind spending a few buck on this game because I like it, but these IAP prices are laughably insane.

So the 'Squad it up' bundle is 300 rad points, which is nowhere near the most expensive bundle. 320 rad bucks is $20.

The 'Textbook Kate' character is 58 rad bucks. 60 rad bucks sells for $5. For one character?!?
12-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeGuy View Post
Man, I was initially thinking that I wouldn't mind spending a few buck on this game because I like it, but these IAP prices are laughably insane.

So the 'Squad it up' bundle is 300 rad points, which is nowhere near the most expensive bundle. 320 rad bucks is $20.

The 'Textbook Kate' character is 58 rad bucks. 60 rad bucks sells for $5. For one character?!?
Exactly my one real problem. This game should have cost 2.99 amd simply had much faster progression for coins and xp. The IAP prices are far too high for characters and items and especially vanity skins. It is a good game though. Mechanics are well done, has good style, and fun.
12-23-2012, 04:41 AM
The IAP prices are so insane they are actually having the effect of making me regret any expenses. I bought Dee Hatlacker on an impulse (using ingame money) and I really like him... but then I realized that I screwed myself out of precious value in the bundles he is in, particularly the "It's a riot" bundle which actually seemed a good purchase.

Now I'm not so sure because the premium currency is too precious and I don't think I could use another Dee Hatlacker. It's like premium currency is such a commodity that I actually feel bad making any purchase that's not 'optimal' and it really just makes me not want to buy anything at all.

I don't think I've ever felt something like that in any other game ever. It's just nuts.
12-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Hope everyone's having a great Christmas! Just wanted to let you know that the RAD Soldiers Holiday Sale is now on and all in-game items cost 50% less RAD Bux!

Also, if anyone has any questions about the game, post them up and I'll answer what I can.

Community Relations Manager
WarChest Ltd | RAD Soldiers

Last edited by badman; 12-25-2012 at 01:22 PM.
12-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Really enjoying the game!

I can't see any discounted prices, but really keen to pick up some new items. Is it a global price drop? I am in Australia.
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok I seem to have access to only one map, park square, although I should have access to two more maps which the game comes with (market and something else I'm pretty sure). There's a list of levels in the challenge section but they all just say "downloading new content" and then at the bottom it says "purchase more challenges" or something. The when I try to play quick game it is just constantly trying to load market without ever loading. Then there are several online games I went to play with random opponents that show the same thing as those challenges "downloading new content." Anybody else having issues accessing the final two maps?
12-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
Hope everyone's having a great Christmas! Just wanted to let you know that the RAD Soldiers Holiday Sale is now on and all in-game items cost 50% less RAD Bux!

Also, if anyone has any questions about the game, post them up and I'll answer what I can.
Was this sale Christmas Day only? Because the 50% off isn't showing up

Drat!