Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajstadel View Post
Quick question, maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but is there anyway to zoom in on the map or change the viewing angle (other than the zoom that takes place during combat)?
Sure is.

We offer the almost standard "pinch and zoom". Use your thumb and forefinger (at the same time) to push the view in and out be widening your "grip"

Rotation of the camera is handled in 60 degree increments so it doesn't end up messy. (One line of hexes will always be straight). Whilst holding one finger still, drag another finger around it some ways out, and the camera will eventually snap round. Rinse and repeat to taste.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Sure is.

We offer the almost standard "pinch and zoom". Use your thumb and forefinger (at the same time) to push the view in and out be widening your "grip"

Rotation of the camera is handled in 60 degree increments so it doesn't end up messy. (One line of hexes will always be straight). Whilst holding one finger still, drag another finger around it some ways out, and the camera will eventually snap round. Rinse and repeat to taste.
Got it, thanks! Guess it wasn't picking up on the pinches for whatever reason...but it works now so it's all good.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Tell me about it. Said update is already in, alongside an expedited approval request. Sorry about this.
And this is why I grabbed all the options after I'd finished the first campaign map: confidence in the after market support and polishing.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Nasty bug report...tried submitting a turn on the ferry-no connection. Resubmitted on arrival. Now suddenly, i am playing as my opponent, which blows since i was pounding him.

Also, are you going to improve the chat functionality?
Its like half a sentence max message-on my device anyway.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Bought this and really enjoying the single-player campaign. Will there be more missions in the future for single-player, like what GLWG did with All Out War?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
iPhone 4S

Is iCloud support coming? It is nice I can continue my online games from my phone and iPad but I was surprised I had to start over my campaign on my iPad, unless I'm missing something...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
iPhone 4S

Another question... I was considering buying the map pack to get the medic. Can I have specifics on it? For example, how much it costs and how much it can heal per turn. It seems like a medic would be worth it but I dont want to buy it if it's not that useful in practice.

Also, how can I detect mines? I'm getting wrecked by them.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutt22 View Post
Also, how can I detect mines? I'm getting wrecked by them.
Hahaha no way! I'm guessing you are referring to the game you are playing against me. You started destroying me quick (after some early mistakes by me) and your troops just kept on coming. Out of desperation, I layed them right in the middle of that really tight map, and was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness myself! You're still probably going to win, but good fun indeed.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
Hahaha no way! I'm guessing you are referring to the game you are playing against me. You started destroying me quick (after some early mistakes by me) and your troops just kept on coming. Out of desperation, I layed them right in the middle of that really tight map, and was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness myself! You're still probably going to win, but good fun indeed.
That's pretty funny!! Why yes, I am! The board is pretty quiet tonIght. This seems like a great asynchronous game, it's just hard to get a game in. I'm having bad luck with active opponents, other than you. It has only been a day though, I guess.

And I don't know about the outcome of this game yet. I've blown more commanding leads than this in Outwitters! Ha!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 AM

Now that it's finally out, can we talk about a real time strategy as the next installment?

I couldn't get into GLWG (despite buying it twice and recommending it at every opportunity). I'm sure I'll buy this just to support Rubicon for being one of the more awesome mobile studios around.

I'm just burnt out on Advance Wars (they only pushed four or five of them over just two systems). If you can take these same resources (models, environments, sounds, etc) and come up with an entertaining system and simplified controls for a real time game it might just blow anything else out of the water.