• Publisher: Rubicon
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 123.1 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, Game Dynamo 2012)

STRATEGY GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, IGN 2012)

BAFTA NOMINATED

Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your "forces", try not to fall off the sofa laughing!

"Everything about this game is awesome" - Pad Gadget
"This is an impressive package for strategy fans" - 148 Apps
"Replay value is outstanding" - App Smile

You've plenty of units to play with, covering land, sea and airborne combat. Be warned though, these funny cartoon troops are not exactly "the right stuff".

Playing as "Jenkins", the hard done to lieutenant, you will need to complete the Generalissimo's wide variety of mission orders - collect resources, assassinate enemy generals, invade territory, evacuate your forces, do a bit of enemy base ownage, etc.

"Its simply an amazing turn-based strategy game" - Touch Arcade
"It's the real deal" - Slide To Play
"This is a wonderful game, accessible yet challenging" - Gamezebo

40+ hours of campaign mode not enough? There is also unlimited skirmish play vs the AI for quick fixes, on a wide variety of custom maps.

And there's still more - Multiplayer. You can Pass & Play on a single device, or join our thriving online community, playing head to head at a pace that suits you. Online play is cross-platform, so you can play and/or transfer your account to other supported platforms.

"This game plays beautifully and looks fantastic" - App Advice
"Not downloading it is damn near criminal" - MoDojo
"Just buy it, plain and simple" - IGN

Main Features:

50 Mission single player campaign
Online asynchronous multiplayer
Pass n Play & Skirmish vs AI
GameCenter achievements
Stunning visuals (full retina 3D)
Simple, intuitive control method
Tons of humor
No birds were harmed (or made angry) during development!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreatBigWarGame
"Bag 'em & Tag 'em"

Echoseven's comments:
GBWG Add Me Thread, please do not post requests here
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144815

10-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
If you have any friends with Android devices who might be feeling a bit tight of pocket, you can pick up that version of the game right now for $0.25.
Out of curiosity - has the increased volume made up for the reduced price?

Plague Inc. - Can you infect the world - over 200 million games played!

Check out the new and very cool cinematic trailer
10-01-2012, 05:01 AM
By about 10 fold, yes. Shame its only for a day.

I think the important thing here, linked to that other thread you're in, isn't even the price drop - it's the extra visibility itself. Now if only I could get google to make that much noise whilst the game's still at it's proper price...

10-09-2012, 04:47 AM
10-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Coming up on 100,000 finished multiplayer games in a couple of hours.
So we can get sale on inapp map packs
10-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I guess the new maps in the recent update were only for multi-player.

Do you have plans to add IAP map packs for those of us that prefer the campaign game to multi-player? I think there are other users who would be willing to pay for more campaign maps.
10-19-2012, 03:40 AM
They were indeed.

I doubt we'll be making a campaign expansion tbh. Those in the previous game took a fair while to do and didn't cover their costs.
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
They were indeed.

I doubt we'll be making a campaign expansion tbh. Those in the previous game took a fair while to do and didn't cover their costs.
That's a shame. I guess you can only do what makes sense to keep the company moving forward.
10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
We're still planning updates, just not for that particular thing. tbh I think 50 missions is plenty for anyone. That's more than the original AND all its expansions in one hit.

New units, more MP maps and stuff like that are far more likely to make an appearance.
10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
New units, more MP maps and stuff like that are far more likely to make an appearance.
I'm curious, do you have statistics on what fraction of app purchasers play MP? I would think it's still pretty small.
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Just by comparing the numbers, I'd say its about 25%. Which did surprise me a little tbh, I was expecting way more than half to at least try it. Games like this play a lot friendlier online than jumping in with the sharks in call of duty etc., and I'd heartily recommend giving it a go.

However in terms of what we put into future updates, that's dictated by how many people request what types of things over on our forum. And that's almost always multiplayer maps and units. We've also publicly pledged to keep expanding the contents of the iap map packs so they get better value with age.

Units are the easiest things to make and add, but we're banking that up for one big hit in the future, as that's something that causes a mismatch and forced update with ongoing games.