★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-20-2012, 08:37 PM
#81
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
I really like your game but I really love the fact that you can earn special coins to gain a weapon
07-20-2012, 09:45 PM
#82
Pocket Army: "Add-Me" thread is here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144881

07-20-2012, 09:49 PM
#83
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks Red1
07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
#84
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 281
I have a suggestion for the dev concerning the friends list. Add a sorting option so you can sort your friends by stars, level, and recovery time left! It's a small suggestion but I think it will make going through your friends list much easier!

Also feel free to add me to GC for this game! My GC is jtall128

Posted this in the add thread so I deleted it there and reposted here
07-20-2012, 11:31 PM
#85
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 261
Pocket Army in the latest IGN App Store Update article.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...update-july-20

@wheresmb
07-21-2012, 03:06 AM
#86
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
My initial impressions are good: nice graphics, decent music and it's satisfying to build up your (pocket) army, weapons and skills to conquer the map. I've played for about 45 minutes without forced IAP or grinding being a problem so far. I'll need to play more to determine if earning enough coins and hearts in-game becomes an issue.

The battles are quick, which is good for some pick-up-and-play action when you've got 10 minutes. When your soldiers die in battle, they disappear from your army, which gives an added incentive to keep them alive.

At one point, the buttons became unresponsive in the barracks, but exiting and resuming the game resolved this for me. Probably need to explain the multiplayer (Friends) and army structure a bit better. And personally, I would rather have more control over the sections of my army, rather than the game deciding when to deploy. Lastly, the side-quests could have different text as the same scenario about the village being attacked keeps appearing.

But overall, a fun game... and, it's free, so definitely worth a play.
I collected so many feedbacks already in only 2 days after launching, tons of works, I will have to be there in the official tomorrow to speed thing up.

Thanks Red1, the touch is unstable in fact, it's bad that the problem didn't come up when we test with our studio's device but we had borrowed some orther devices to do the debugging, so this touch issue will be fixed real son.

Cheers and thanks and have a nice weekend!

Antony
07-21-2012, 03:12 AM
#87
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtall View Post
I have a suggestion for the dev concerning the friends list. Add a sorting option so you can sort your friends by stars, level, and recovery time left! It's a small suggestion but I think it will make going through your friends list much easier!

Also feel free to add me to GC for this game! My GC is jtall128

Posted this in the add thread so I deleted it there and reposted here
This is in fact matching with what we did in the update too. We can considering is as fixed in the update.

Also, we did note that the scroll thing in Friend list is suck... We will fix that too.

I will credit all TA friends here that have valued feedback to Pocket Army.

Pocket Army love you!

Antony
07-21-2012, 03:18 AM
#88
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Pocket Army in the latest IGN App Store Update article.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...update-july-20
Woooot! AWESOMEEE!

Antony
07-21-2012, 03:21 AM
#89
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 118
Yey! I've finished downloading Pocket Army today... idk what went wrong but last night i received an error msg... something like i need to download the app on itunes? i cant remember.. or is it because i downloaded Pocket Army on my laptop itunes but i since i wasnt able to find my usb cable, i downloaded it again on my iTouch... well, it doesnt matter now.. i got the app and will be trying it out in few mins... :P
07-21-2012, 03:23 AM
#90
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOSborne View Post
Yey! I've finished downloading Pocket Army today... idk what went wrong but last night i received an error msg... something like i need to download the app on itunes? i cant remember.. or is it because i downloaded Pocket Army on my laptop itunes but i since i wasnt able to find my usb cable, i downloaded it again on my iTouch... well, it doesnt matter now.. i got the app and will be trying it out in few mins... :P
Welcome you to Pocket Army world! I'm here, just to say that I'm here for your question!

Antony