★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cube update is out...

11-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Cube update is out...

Just curious how much improvement others have noticed. It seems a little better to me, but I dodn't think it was so bad to begin with.
11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
Just curious how much improvement others have noticed. It seems a little better to me, but I dodn't think it was so bad to begin with.
I played it for a short while and it seems the same to me? I'm looking forward to phartgames FPS instead.

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!

11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
It's definitely an improvement but gameplay (though not as laggy as before) is still too slow.
11-24-2008, 09:18 AM
NOTHING changed.
Same unplayable tech demo on (slow) iPhone 3G.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
you sure you got the update? It's definitely faster, but still too slow to actually be fun
11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Still laggy and crappy. Its would be nice to change the function of the accelerometer and sensitivity. Especially since it should of been included from the get-go.

It also doesn't have enough polish. Then again, it is free. So complaining is pointless. It is indeed our first FPS! Again, its awesome in its own right.

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
11-24-2008, 10:43 AM
What is awesome on an unplayable game?
It's like devs posting their early works, first level sketches etc
into the app store and just because they are the first we have
to find it great?!
No, I just like it, when it's working. Just ideas don't count...even for free.
Or should I say "thank you" for crap, as long as it's free? Why?!
Waiting for major updates...and pay, if they are good!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I still think its framerate is still very slow and the game needs some new controls. Though, it IS an update. Otherwise, it's still a great example of what's to come, even though it's performance isn't quite there yet.

Last edited by Chase; 11-24-2008 at 03:11 PM.
11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
It still sucks ass.
11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I think they have to totally re-built/re-design this game from the grounds up like they did for sauerbraten (copy & paste the spelling!). Maybe, do a 'sauerbraten' specially for the iphone. Then we won't get this problem of un-playability or whatever. Put a price on it if they want to. To support their work of course. If porting all this games doesn't cut it, then instead of wasting time might as well they make money out of it and design a new FPS game. Heck, by now they would have realize that there are gamers out there who like to play an FPS on their iphone, ya?

Personally, I would like a modern tactical warfare FPS on my iphone?

That would be totally sweet. For the moment though, Cube is the only one FPS for me. Until, phart Zombie Mangle (and Zombie Mansion -submitted for Apple approval - I hope there's no stick in there!) ! LoL!

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!

Last edited by along123; 11-25-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: forget about Zombie Mansion!