Freemium... it says in the OP.
07-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Freemium?
Waiting for first impressions...

07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMBOT View Post
Freemium... it says in the OP.
Doh! My bad. Will definitely give it a go.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
07-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I hope it's not like the Android version where your required to be online to play...

Game Center: Diligence
07-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey guys any tips on fighting the fish? I had to kill the app while the tutorial was going on because connectivity was bad and the game hung, now I don't know how to fish.

Do I have to move the rod around while fighting the fish or do I just concentrate on the reel? Letting go when the tension gets high, etc?
07-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Wtf. Installed the app and the first thing it does is download a bunch of files

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
07-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Taggart View Post
I am an absolute SUCKER for decently made fishing games, waiting on this one with baited breath!

Having never played any of these superstar freemiums they do, exactly how annoying should I expect this game to be if I don't purchase any iap?
I'm a sucker for 'em as well...I have every fishing game released for the Dreamcast and 3 (one Sega, two third party) motion fishing reels.

Gamevil is absolute crap now, though. Usually they fake you into thinking you don't have to buy currency until you hit a wall and get your ass creamed (see baseball, soccer superstars); here they've got an energy system. Bleh. Hudson has a fun, old freemium fishing game that's better than this; don't know of it's still on the appstore, though.

Last edited by Greyskull; 07-19-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo and wrong developer mentioned
07-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't mind the game thus far, although Gamevil has dissapointed me in the past more than once. I do find it amusing that the characters dress like preppy collegiate freshmen whilst fishing.
Nice for casual play, anyway. Add me (NGAjoe) if you get bored and need a friend for a silly fish quest. I'll keep it on my phone for at least the next week--and I'll let you know when I hit the pay wall.
07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm following the tutorial and I still don't know how to catch a fish- the tension system is never explained adequately, neither in-game nor in the help menu.

Any advice?
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Alright i figured it out! Was turning the reel the wrong way. Haha! So stupid. Need to turn it clockwise.

Add me to your friends list please: “datu”. Some quests need items donated from friends. Let's help each other out!

Alyfantis: the tension system, what about it are you not sure of?

What works for me is just keep reeling in the fish til I hit about 80% full tension then quickly alternate between letting go of the reel and quickly reeling in a bit. When the fish goes full red crazy, I let it go a bit more so it hovers around 70% because the tension tends to spike up quickly when the fish is crazy red.

When the fish is green I take the opportunity to let go and let tension drop to around 20% without the fish getting away too far.