Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Fishing Superstars is LIVE on the App Store & Google Play!

Download the game for FREE:

App Store http://bit.ly/MujsO3
Google Play http://bit.ly/LdREer

Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I'm a sucker for 'me as well...I have every fishing game released for the Dreamcast and 3 (one Sega, two third party) motion fishing reels.

Gameloft is absolute crap now, though. Usually they fake you into thinking you don't have to buy currency until you hit a wall and get your ass creamed (see baseball, soccer superstars); here they've got an energy system. Bleh. Hudson has a fun, old freemium fishing game that's better than this; don't know of it's still on the appstore, though.
Did you know that Sega Bass Fishing (the original) is slated for release here on the IOS? No release info, unfortunately.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
hes probably trying not to take limelight away from this game by posting competition. if this game sucks tho, post away!!
That's right! Nah, not gonna do that here... Right now, anyway.....
Old 07-19-2012, 04:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loptr View Post
Alright i figured it out! Was turning the reel the wrong way. Haha! So stupid. Need to turn it clockwise.

Add me to your friends list please: “datu”. Some quests need items donated from friends. Let's help each other out!

Alyfantis: the tension system, what about it are you not sure of?

What works for me is just keep reeling in the fish til I hit about 80% full tension then quickly alternate between letting go of the reel and quickly reeling in a bit. When the fish goes full red crazy, I let it go a bit more so it hovers around 70% because the tension tends to spike up quickly when the fish is crazy red.

When the fish is green I take the opportunity to let go and let tension drop to around 20% without the fish getting away too far.
That's what you gotta do. But it's not realistic to just let go of your reel! First of all, you'd get a 'birds nest' of tangled line on your reel. And if you did that on the ocean while catching a large fish, not only would the above happen, but you'd bust a knuckle and break fingers! They should implement a star drag system like in real life so you could tighten that or loosen it as needed in addition to your reeling. Just sayin'.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
That's what you gotta do. But it's not realistic to just let go of your reel! First of all, you'd get a 'birds nest' of tangled line on your reel. And if you did that on the ocean while catching a large fish, not only would the above happen, but you'd bust a knuckle and break fingers! They should implement a star drag system like in real life so you could tighten that or loosen it as needed in addition to your reeling. Just sayin'.
A couple of tips for beginners that might help.

- You can increase the tension by moving the rod left and right.
- Aim for the ripples to get a perfect cast
- Hold the reel when the color turns purple as the fish's HP will increase if you let it dive deep
- If you reel in when the tension is high the S gauge will fill faster, which will give you more chances to knock out the fish
- Make sure to repair/upgrade your equipment
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

That is awesome! The reels made all the difference, but an Iphone has nearly all of the sensors to provide the same experience. All it's lacking from the DC controllers is a spinnable reel...anyone feel like funding a new kickstarter campaign to fund my development of a 30-pin fishing reel accessory for iDevices? jk...but I'm sure there would be plenty of Japanese contributors...for some reason, fishing games are really big there.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 AM

I honestly didn't think I would pick up this game any further after playing for a while but I just did. With that said, I could have picked a better name because I just randomly named myself as "diggery" for no reason at all. It sounded lame.

Oh well, theres no changing it so add me: Diggery

I will add you guys soon.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Enjoying this fishing RPG

Really enjoying this one. Like a fishing RPG.

Any chance of syncing my iphone game with my ipad?

Icloud support?

I have signed up to Gamevil LIVE and thought I would be able to log in that way on the ipad.However on the ipad I have to start a new game with a new character so lose all my progress.

Any way just off to upgrade my flip flops.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

The tutorial in this game is pretty bad with bad english translations and not very well explained at all.

Also when catching the fish, the game always crashes back to the homescreen. This happened everytime I had pulled the fish out of the water.

iPod touch 3gen with latest firmware.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
The tutorial in this game is pretty bad with bad english translations and not very well explained at all.

Also when catching the fish, the game always crashes back to the homescreen. This happened everytime I had pulled the fish out of the water.

iPod touch 3gen with latest firmware.
Hmm strange. All I can say is I'm level 3 with no crashes on iphone 4s.
Maybe shut down some apps or do a reset.

Upgraded my rod and bait and done some training to improve my skills.
Filling up my fish encyclopedia and aquarium. All free so far not needed any iap.

Making a nice change from weeks of pocket planes! (which I'm still playing in between fishing!)