★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now updated for the iPhone 5 - Get it now while it's free to play on your new iPhone!

Ranked Top 25 Free Apps, Top 10 Free Games in US and around the world

"It's a brilliant blend of Little Computer People and Settlers with a bit of Tiny Tower and some fresh new ideas thrown-in for good measure." -- indiegames.com

iTunes User Reviews:

"Pocket Minions will keep you busy every second of the game. Between resource management, tending to the castle and the minions, and slaying dragons, you'll find yourself absorbed into the Pocket Minion world."

"Flicking the little beggars around is fun!"

"Me & my kids have so much fun with this game!"

"Very fun and addictive. Now clean my toilets!"

One day, a group of hapless minions wandered into a beautiful valley and built a castle, only to find that their construction work had angered the ferocious fire-breathing dragons that lived there. Its up to YOU - the Almighty Finger - to save them from being burned to a crisp by those angry dragons.

Play through 10 levels to lead your minions safely to the LEGENDARY TREASURE!
Build your medieval castle from the ground up and watch as your tiny minions move in and go about their business
Tap to collect the resources that your minions produce
Manage your tower well to maximize your minions productivity - make sure the furnaces are hot, toilets clean and fresh smelling to keep your minions from rioting. Angry minions will turn into thieves and steal your stuff!
Recruit minions with special abilities to help you catch thieves or exorcise ghosts
Defend your castle from dragon attacks!
Physics sim lets you flick and toss your minions
Who is the Mightiest Finger of all? Check your score and ranking in GameCenter!

Pocket Minions is an Universal app with support for retina displays on both iPhone and iPad!

TRAILER: http://www.pocketminions.com
Follow us on Twitter: @siuyiugames
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SiuYiuGames
07-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Beta tested it and it's a nice tower building game Found it more fun than Tiny Towers and it has quests too so.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
YES! I was waiting for that!
Thought the day would end without anything to buy this week.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Is it a freemium/paidmium like Tiny Towers, or is it more of a self-contained IAP-less sim?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
More the latter

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
More the latter
Hot diggety.

Count me in just on principle.
07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Hot diggety.

Strange, I may be wrong but I heard the game was supposed to be priced around 3 bucks? Or it's an introductory sale...

Anyway, this is kinda in-depth Tiny Towers, with more micro management and quests. You have to care for the inhabitants. Always something to do.

If there is any IAP, I guess it's purely optional.

Check the upcoming thread.

07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Hot diggety.

Strange, I may be wrong but I heard the game was supposed to be priced around 3 bucks? Or it's an introductory sale...

Anyway, this is kinda in-depth Tiny Towers, with more micro management and quests. You have to care for the inhabitants. Always something to do.

If there is any IAP, I guess it's purely optional. Oh yeah, and it's the whole package:

Quote:
Universal app supports retina displays on both iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Ok, the reason I didn't get tiny towers/pocket planes is the persistant world. I need a game to stop when I turn it off. I do not want a game where I have to keep checking in to farm or check somebody hasn't died.....please say this is a normal game and not a glorified tamagotchi like those.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post

If there is any IAP, I guess it's purely optional.

Check the upcoming thread.
Ah, so a vertical Kairosoft simulation, kinda thing? Might this be something for those of us who found Tiny Tower insufferable in all its social-mechanical, casual glory, and who prefer some extent of hardcore strategy and simulation?

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona