★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Giant Fighting Robots out!

05-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Giant Fighting Robots out!

Sorry can a mod change the title to giant fighting robots trainer out. I screwed up.

Link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317525005&mt=8Giant Fighting Robots Trainer

This is GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS TRAINER... a FREE app to let you train for GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!

From the creators of X-Plane comes a really FUN new combat sim that really turns the iPhone and iPod touch into a mini game-station of pretty significant power... THIS is the virtual-reality combat sim that many of you have been waiting for.

Much like X-Plane, Giant Fighting Robots is fairly complex, with pretty accurate physics... but being in a Giant Fighting Robot with Guided Machine Guns, Lightning-Guns, Gatling Lasers, and a dozen or so other weapons, trying to defend yourselves against artificially-intelligent, heavily-armed alien fighter and bomber spider-bots on a dozen foreign worlds... well, the action gets quite a bit more intense.

You will start off in the Genesis-Class ATAW (All Terrain Attack Walker), which is nothing more than a modified cargo-walker with a few modified aircraft air-to-ground guns mounted on the top. It is a pretty silly defense against the alien attack, but it is all humanity can throw together on short notice. As you defeat the alien invaders at progressively harder levels, the Human Cascade will have time to develop increasingly powerful ATAWs and weapon systems, making each of your future combat engagements more complex and violent as you move into faster moving ATAWs like the Huron, or heavier ones like the Galaxy or Titanic, and move into command of really frightening weapons systems like the Flame-Thrower, High-Capacitance Laser, Ion Cannon, or Guided Torpedo. We believe this is the most immersive, intense combat simulation for the iPhone... can you handle it? Can you WIN it? We can.. but it isn't easy!

NOTE:

As well as fighting against the artificially-intelligent aliens, you can play in multi-player death-matches against your friends, choosing your ATAW weapons, reactors, batteries, armor, engines, and jet-durations to maximize the lethality of your attack... and here is where the fun just gets so amazing it is about impossible to put your phone (or iPodTouch) down!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gf1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	4263   Click image for larger version

Name:	gf2.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	4264   Click image for larger version

Name:	gf3.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	4265  

Click image for larger version

Name:	gf4.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	4266   Click image for larger version

Name:	gf6.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	4267  

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!

Last edited by redsoxsrule424; 05-31-2009 at 07:28 AM.
05-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah I downloaded it while ago. I thought it was pretty good. There seems to be a lot of content in it for a free app which is nice. I like the ability to modify your robot with different weapons and battery, armour, jump levels etc.

Hakuna Matata
05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah I just downloaded it, have yet to play.

05-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Alright I like it but it is too hard to destroy the spider robots!!

05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Trying the Trainer for it. Having alot of problems steering my robot and targeting things.
05-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
Alright I like it but it is too hard to destroy the spider robots!!
You can lower the difficulty when starting a campaign.

Also, as I am still suck on this, try to remember:

1. Jump jet is your best friend;
2. Get as close to the target as you can, you get more accurate shot..

I see at least 4 battles so far in the Trainer.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)