★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Can't Say That! - Free Turn-Based Word Game

07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RussianWorm
Can't Say That! - Free Turn-Based Word Game

Hello TA Community,

Can't Say That! The newest turn-based iPhone word game is now available in the App Store! (iPad version coming soon!)

Team up with your friends to solve puzzles and write clues in this addictive social word game!

Check out the game let us know your thoughts.

As a thank you to our valued users and to the TA community, ONE poster will be randomly selected every day for the next 15 days and PM'd a promo code for the $2.99 premium version!

See what other TA community members are saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCman7
This game is a ton of fun!... It's a lot of fun trying to think of new things to give as clues. It's also fun trying to figure out what the word is from the clue giver... Overall a very fun game and I see it being the next big hit like Draw Something. Great job Fugazo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCman7 *Follow Up*
I've been playing this game non stop! So addicted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human X
In its entirety, the game is very good and deserves to be commended for its new premise and overall enjoyability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidclown
I'm really digging the game. Its like the $10k pyramid minus Dick Clark, the Pyramid, the 10k.....ok so it's not the the 10k pyramid, but it's still a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry
Very fun so far, I'm sure many people will get addicted.
Currently #8 in the Word Game category!

Youtube link | Pop Up

More quotes from TA users:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic
Make sure you have spare time before opening this game. I find it extremely difficult to put it down when it's your turn. I've pretty much been glued to this since I downloaded it. It's taking up all my spare time... Having an absolute ball playing the game!... Get ready to make some extra space on your device ! When you download this and see how awesome it is, you'll probably go and delete all those old haggard social drawing games who no one finds fun anymore!
This game is for you guys. Give us your feedback so we can make it even better!

Fun New iPhone Word Game - Play For Free With Your Friends!
Play our Word Puzzle of the Day and win Promo Codes at
Twitter: @playcantsaythat and Facebook: CantSayThat

Last edited by RussianWorm; 07-18-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Adding Reviews
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Make sure you have spare time before opening this game. I find it extremely difficult to put it down when it's your turn.
I've pretty much been glued to this since I downloaded it. It's taking up all my spare time. Glad to hear an iPad version is coming soon.
It's not invasive with ads or IAP either.
You never feel forced to buy IAP, it's more like once of those good IAP games like DV who give you plenty of IAP through playing, but if you want to purchase more, you can too.

The things you can buy are mainly hints (letter hints, category hints,etc and new word packs)
You can make up to 6 coins per round, and rounds seem to be unlimited (I an currently playing a round 30 against one person, plus you can have 25 games going at once, so the coins mount up relatively quickly, plenty to buy adequate hints several times a day, but you'll have to save up a bit longer or pay, if you want word packs. (hints are 50 coins, word packs ate 400 coins..)
I've made about 200 coins in the 10 hours I've been playing, so you can see you really don't HAVE to spend money unless you really want to.
No one likes feeling forced, so that's a huge plus.

Having an absolute ball playing the game! Wish we could communicate after each round with an emoticon though, like "doh" or "big smile" " laugh" etc

Get ready to make some extra space on your device ! When you download this and see how awesome it is, you'll probably go and delete all those old haggard social drawing games who no one finds fun anymore!

07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
would love to be your first winner :]

Looks great! congrats on the release!
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Would love the premium version now that it's out Can't say enough how awesome this game is. Like the follow up said I've been playing nonstop and that's the truth. Getting notifications every few minutes lol. Everyone else im playing seems to be just as addicted as I am. It's extremely clever and I think to myself why hasn't any one come up with this before? Great job again Fugazo! Great game! Highly recommend picking up the free version an I hope to play some of you guys!
07-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Tannorexic: Thanks for the detailed review. I'm sure that will be useful to new players.

And we actually will be adding a comment functionality so that you will be able to write a brief note to the other person and acknowledge how clever the hint was or let them know if gave you a good laugh. Should have this integrated within a month.

turakm: Thank you! Well it looks like we have at least a few people posting so we'll see.

JCman7: Again, thanks so much for the support. We really appreciate it and are glad you enjoy the game so much!

07-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Loving the game, and I've gotten my girlfriend hooked on it too. The one thing I'd suggest is to add a "Are you sure you want to poke this person" warning when you hit the poke button. I hit the button by accident and now feel bad about poking someone
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
The winner of the premium code version app code for today is JCman7! Congrats! (Code sent)

Platyrrhine: We're glad to hear you're enjoying the game! Yes, we realize the poke button is a little easy to accidentally hit but we decided against adding a confirmation because we realized our avid players will go through everyone and poke their whole list when they want more games and this is harder to do with a confirmation.

Outside of that, to alleviate your concern for others, we have yet to have 1 complaint about being poked from our now thousands of daily active users. So don't worry, it doesn't seem to bother anyone .

07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Haha I've also poked someone by mistake but I didn't really care cause I'm playing against randoms anyway!
Is there a premium version? I didn't see it on the AppStore.
Is it just ad free or does it come with a hint bar that rejuvenates or word packs or something cool like that?

Oh just checked it out, 500 coins, not bad at all, and no ads would be nice too.
Will it be updated to universal? Or will there be a separate iPad version?
I'll probably pick it up if so.

Last edited by Tannorexic; 07-19-2012 at 03:49 PM.
07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Still playing every day, but I'm increasingly concerned with the number of games I have open. I keep getting brought into new games, and it's become a bit much. I have 21 running right now, of which I've started maybe 5-6. The problem is that when someone starts a new game, the server is picking a player at random rather than picking a player who has also tried to start a new game. Is there any limit or will my number of games keep increasing?

I also find that some people give questionable hints, but I guess that's bound to happen. I got the hint "Kevin Spency" from someone, and after 30 minutes of trying to put letters in different places, found that the answer was "sixth sense". I assume that the person was trying to refer to Kevin Spacey, but that wouldn't have been any help anyway since he wasn't even in The Sixth Sense

Last edited by Platyrrhine; 07-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.
07-22-2012, 11:17 PM
So this is an iOS version of Taboo the boardgame?