★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Race through an apocalyptic wasteland overrun with mutants and other hazards! Blast your way through city ruins as you try to escape a world overrun with danger. Drive as far as you can and compete against the world on the online leaderboards! Can you make it out alive?

Intuitive tilt and swipe controls make driving and shooting easy!

Blast your way through hordes of unique mutant types!

Use nitro boosts and electro shocks to increase your odds of survival!

Earn coins to buy better cars and power-ups!

Use the Game Center Leaderboards to compete against your friends and the world!

Mutant Roadkill is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.

Artfoundry's comments:
This reminds me a lot of Zombie Highway.

07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Interesting - so it's a cross between Temple Run and Zombie Highway. There are turns like temple run (though not as frequent) and instead of collecting stars, you run over zombies. It also has a similar shop to TR with powerups as well as weapons and cars. Like ZH, there are car obstacles to avoid, and apparently zombies can hang on to your car (haven't seen that happen yet).

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

07-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Really want to like this, but no achievements=delete and stick with Zombie Highway.

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
07-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Will give it a try, but no achievements is a downer

Follow EatingMyHat on Facebook, Twitter and Blog
07-18-2012, 11:54 PM
It doesn't have achievements, but it does have missions and leaderboards. Also, the guns are automatic, so it's more about the driving and collecting coins like Temple Run. However, the mutants do make it a bit of a challenge - some hang on to your car, some explode if you hit them, some just walk around, ready for you to run over em.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Game Impressions

07-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Hmm... Glu made a clone again, but they made a very good one again, it seems. Picking this up later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I am impress by this game. I like art style.
07-23-2012, 06:13 AM
All Glu games are 1 star in my books.
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryver12 View Post
All Glu games are 1 star in my books.
AGREE

I had this on my device for about 30 minutes its Zombie Highway reskined and not as good.

Step ya game up Glu...