★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: KTH
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 43.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ready for a wild new mobile strategy defense experience? Download Cartoon Defense: Space Wars, immerse
yourself into mentally engaging, real-time tower defense inspired action, and planet Cartoon from the
alien menace across 80+ stages & via 3 game modes today!

Cartoon Defense: Space Wars is real-time strategy gaming on an epic scale!
Your mission is simple, but ensuring success is anything but. Taking control of planet Cartoons
peace loving White Tribe youll have to use all your cunning strategic thinking, and planning prowess
to fight off the Grey Tribe from turning your home planet into their newest acquisition!

Features:
-80 wildly challenging stages to play through
-3 diverse gameplay modes(Scenario,Wave,Battle Star)
-45 unique upgradable items such as resources, defense materials, weapons and more!
-Intricately themed, beautifully rendered gameplay
-vibrantly animated action
-intuitive controls
-Smooth, entertaining gameplay

Tower Defense games inspired fun where youre fully in control!
Get ready to get your hands dirty because in Cartoon Defense: Space youll be controlling almost
every aspect of the action. Its up to you to use your resources smart enough to survive, put up guns
and defenses in the right places, and keep enhancing your firepower as wave after increasingly more
dangerous wave of Grey Tribe baddies fly in!
Get ready, Cartoon Defense: Space Wars proves that space really is the final frontier for strategy
minded fun on the App Store!

IMallstar's comments:
Cartoon Defense: Space Wars is available on the appstore now.
Try to play! You need more strategies. It's totally different from commen defense game you've played. I've been playing 'Cartoon defense2" but I moved to the new one released recently.(maybe July 17th)

<Link>
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cartoon-defence-space-wars/id537867130?mt=8

<trailer>
http://youtu.be/wDstPSE1Rug

07-19-2012, 01:12 PM
There are many defense type games on the App Store and this game stands out for many different reasons. The game features wonderful cartoon style graphics, all hand drawn to give that nice animated feel. There are several cartoon cut scenes to give you a nice little story. The story involves protecting your planet which fittingly is called Cartoon. The Gray tribe wants to invade the planet and take over. It is your job to defend the planet from the ensuing invasion. The gameplay follows other types of defense type games, you have gold which can buy new defending units and you can mine gold in order to keep expanding your army. You have different units, one for attacking and one for mining. Finding the balance of the two is very fun and challenging. There are also special units that have unique abilities to further aid you. The main part of the gameplay that stands out to me is that you can move your units, so they are not placed in one spot which is key to stopping the invasion. There is also a great upgrade system in place. You can upgrade your units to new levels with gold/coins to increase their health points, attack, and speed etc. You can also upgrade your planets defense and other abilities. The amount of stategy involved here is great, there are an endless amount of possibilities based on what you decide to upgrade and buy. The gameplay has many waves of enemies and bosses which continue to increase in difficulty as you progress. There are 80 stages in all which is impressive. Not to mention there is also a challenge mode which features two more types of gameplay called wave and battle star. This game is free! I can't recommend picking this one up enough. It has everything and more that you would want in a defense strategy game.

07-20-2012, 03:21 AM

Background:
Its an epic story about striving for peace. Once upon a time, somewhere in the deep universe, there was a beautiful and peaceful planet called Cartoon. There lived a peace-loving tribe White. However, good and evil are always coexisting. The most notorious and vicious tribe Gray extended their tentacles towards Cartoon and began to invade. The soldiers of White did not choose to surrender but fought against their enemies to restore justice and peace.

Design:
The game exceeds the graphical style of stickman. This defense game is different from others. The target you must protect is in the center of the screen, the planet. Enemies come from all around, which is a difficult point to master the game unless you have a right strategy.

Therere 2 game modes in the game: Scenario and Challenge. Mini-games in Challenge Mode can be unlocked when you clear stage 10 and stage 20 in Scenario Mode. In the Scenario Mode, you follow the storyline to play 80 stages including boss stages.

The game is currently iPhone only. Some maps are larger than the area the small screen can hold. So the game will have a better experience on bigger screens. I do hope the iPad version or an upgraded universal version can be considered in future updates by developers.

The graphics are much brighter and colorful than other Cartoon Defense series games. However, they are still not that clear on iPhone 4/iPhone 4S Retina Displays. High resolution graphics should be considered fully supported in the next update. The background music and sound effects are good though.

Gameplay:
There are 45 types of basic units and 12 special units. You can upgrade them to enhance HP/ATK/POP/SPD/RAG. Planet can be upgraded as well in active and passive skills. Active skills include Missile Attack, Electricity Attack and Ice Attack. Passive skills include increasing defense level, increasing the gold by demolishing enemies, increasing units, increasing mining performances, reducing production time, reducing cooling time, etc. The mining unit will move to the closest mineral center when you place it on the field. The control is very easy, touch and drag. The

Before each stage, you can select your units and upgrade them. Units can be upgraded by consuming gold. The gold can be earned in the game as well as bought via In-App-Purchase. In the battle interface, the upper menu shows the number of enemies that will attack in this stage, the number of mining units, the amount of resources and gold you earn and a mini map indicates the positions of White and Gray.

Besides Scenario game, the other 2 mini-games in the game are Wave and BattleStar. You can play the Wave and BattleStar in the same way as you enjoy the Challenge Mode. But you can only use the given units to play through. Thats why it is called Challenge! After 15 minutes, special attacks will be available in the game randomly and after 30 minutes special units will be available randomly. So keep defensing and hold until you can use these special units or skills.

Conclusion:
Cartoon Defense: Space Wars is an unique defense game. The sight of view of the game is no longer vertical or horizontal. The enemy comes from all around and you must have a good tactic to manage your units. The game is FREE to play and I believe that defense manias wont miss it. The graphics are cute and the gameplay is challenging. Recommend it!

Score: (5 full mark)
Background: 4
Design: 4
Gameplay: 4.5
Overall: 4

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!

Last edited by saiyukialex; 07-20-2012 at 06:07 AM.
07-20-2012, 05:16 AM
I can recommend this game to you!

It's highly addictive game. So naver stop all day.
Besides it's very easy.
If you download this game now, you wouldn't be sleep tonight.

But i really recommand it, because nicely fun!
download it, right now!
07-20-2012, 06:27 AM
it's free and new version of Cartoon Defense, so why not give it a try? ^^
07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
If you like challenge, strategy and TD games, then don't let this one pass you by.
With loads of stages to play, and free at that, you have nothing to lose!

Last edited by Sxethang; 07-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.
07-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Game Impressions

The graphics are very polished and well designed. The gameplay works perfect. The controls are simply to learn and very intuitive. There are a lot of objectives to do and things to win, for make you addicted for a long time. Good recomendation.

Graphics 4/5
Gameplay 4,5/5
Controls 4/5
Replay value 4,5/5
Overall 4/5
07-22-2012, 10:55 AM
English is not my native language, so i recorded short videoreview
Game is really perfect and interesting, but on my iPhone 3gs i foung some lags and problems with moving ships. Lags in the video - RECORDING problems, not game.
Tower defense fans - this game for you

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-22-2012, 11:11 AM
The nonlinear playing field is a nice addition over general side scrolling tower defense mechanics. Space Wars feels more like a real time strategy game. Initially I found the controls confusing, sometimes it's hard to tap units, and still the unit movement feels sluggish. The art design and menu graphics are top notch. There is a well developed enemy warning radar. Perhaps by design the art, although graphically polished, and plot feel too generic and empty for my tastes. It's worth picking up because the nonlinear playing field and unit movement is more tactical than traditional tower defense games but sluggish movement and initially awkward design slow it down. In a bloated field of tower defense games aspects of Space Wars feel revolutionary but I personally felt unengaged.

Full disclosure: Posting hopefully unbiased review in part for iTunes credit.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.