★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Any Rally Car Games Coming?

11-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Any Rally Car Games Coming?

Just wondering if there were any rally car racing games coming anytime soon?

I love the collin mcrae series and have played several others as well on consoles.

Wouldn't think it would be too hard to create.

As far as controls, just tilt left or right and have an e-brake on the left bottom corner and a gas pedal on the right bottom corner, maybe even a shifter up/down above the brake.

Just keep it simple where your racing your best lap times and online leaderboards.

Just a thought.
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I would love one, but no news of any yet.

11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
If after my next 2 games there's none on the store i'll probably do one, unless I get a better idea in the meantime...

It would be really easy to make, and could afford to do high detailed cars

PHARTGAMES
AutoMangle - 3D Vehicular combat
AlienMangle - 3D FPS WOOT!!!!
11-24-2008, 06:57 PM
That would be excellent if you did PG. I am hoping for a proper rally game- ie. point to point, single car, timed race. No opponents, no circuit racing. Just a nice long dirt track in front of you to drift around with nice detailed landscape and detailed car with (hopefully) visible damage. If you do ever decide, PLEASE put me down as a beta tester for it.
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
That would be excellent if you did PG. I am hoping for a proper rally game- ie. point to point, single car, timed race. No opponents, no circuit racing. Just a nice long dirt track in front of you to drift around with nice detailed landscape and detailed car with (hopefully) visible damage. If you do ever decide, PLEASE put me down as a beta tester for it.
Thats what I was thinking too, and yes if I ever do it i'll not forget you

Thx

PHARTGAMES
AutoMangle - 3D Vehicular combat
AlienMangle - 3D FPS WOOT!!!!
11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHARTGAMES View Post
Hey, that's what I was thinking too!

Oh and if I have my iphone by then put me on that beta list as well please.
11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
have any of you guys played Need for Madness? its an online game by radicalplay and i think it would be awesome as an iphone/itouch game
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
re Need for Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderski11 View Post
have any of you guys played Need for Madness? its an online game by radicalplay and i think it would be awesome as an iphone/itouch game

Interesting...

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderski11 View Post
We're on about wanting a realistic point to point, no opponent Rally race, and you suggest an arcade racer where you jump into the air like you are in space, racing around a circuit, with opponents. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what we're after
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHARTGAMES View Post
If after my next 2 games there's none on the store i'll probably do one, unless I get a better idea in the meantime...

If you were to make one may I suggest the main focus be the controls.

Yea I'm sure it COULD be visually stunning but if it came down to the wire I'd rather have smooth control over high quality graphics.

(Maybe med-high quality graphics )