★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Canyon Rush (Onkaworks)

07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Canyon Rush (Onkaworks)

We at Onkaworks are incredibly proud to present our second game Canyon Rush, and it's being released tomorrow, Friday July 20th for free!

We were able to show an early version of it off to Brad from TouchArcade at WWDC and he posted about it and called it "a new runner with a cool hook." Here's our full iTunes description.

Quote:
How far across the desert can you go? Hop from cliff to cliff, dodge the venomous critters— and don't forget to grab gold along the way!

Timing is everything! Using an innovative swiping control system, hop side to side or jump ahead to choose the safest—or most rewarding—way forward. Watch out! The local wildlife won't be too happy to see you!

Save up gold and stuff your backpack! Break your record and beat your friends! Game Center integration lets you compete locally or globally, pitting your timing against your friends or the entire world!

• Innovative swipe-to-dodge mechanic
• Cartoon-style graphics made for the retina display
• Crystal clear high-definition music
• Game Center Leaderboard—see who can run the furthest
• In-game store helps you gain more distance
We couldn't be more proud and excited to see what you all have to say both here and on the App Store reviews when it's available on July 20th! We'd offer promo codes—but it's free!

07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Great.. Looking forward to it

Game Center: sink_or_swim

07-19-2012, 10:11 AM

07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Thanks Sanuku!
07-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Canyon Rush is now out on the east coast!

It's so much fun to watch the number of Game Center users climb! Hope you are all enjoying it!
07-20-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm enjoying this nice little runner but imo they missed the chance to make something really cool out of it. Where are the power ups? As far as I can see it's possible to unlock ONE power-up for 3000coins.. come on, i played 5 games and got 140 coins and.. unlocking a power up? Not a fan of this. Just let them be in the mystery boxes on the beginning and let us upgrade it in the shop. Some achievements would be nice too. And maybe an option to jump with a simple tap. Swiping works fine but it's a bit unfamiliar to swipe for a jump.
Maybe you plan to update it regularly, that would be nice because Canyon Rush has a lot of potential

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-20-2012, 04:17 AM
for how long do you intend to give this app for free? my GF and I switched Itouch and i will have her 2nd gen touch for the weekend... the app is compatible with 4.3 and her's is just 4.2...
07-20-2012, 04:43 AM
The art style is very nice. Simple look but great fun.
07-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
The art style is very nice. Simple look but great fun.
Thank you! I was responsible for all of the art and was trying a style a bit outside of my comfort zone, so that means a lot! I'm really happy to hear that!
07-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedblades View Post
for how long do you intend to give this app for free? my GF and I switched Itouch and i will have her 2nd gen touch for the weekend... the app is compatible with 4.3 and her's is just 4.2...
Since we have (optional) IAP, we plan to keep the game free!