★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games like Stronghold (pc) ?

07-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Games like Stronghold (pc) ?

I really liked Stronghold/Settlers/etc on the PC. The micromanagement aspect is something I enjoy. Not sure if there are any decent RTS type games that focus on management of resources like that on ios. The iOS version of Settlers is bugged (and old) and most other games I've seen recently have focused on combat over economy.

So ... Any suggestions? Thanks!
07-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Stronghold.....brings back so many memories
07-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
I really liked Stronghold/Settlers/etc on the PC. The micromanagement aspect is something I enjoy. Not sure if there are any decent RTS type games that focus on management of resources like that on ios. The iOS version of Settlers is bugged (and old) and most other games I've seen recently have focused on combat over economy.

There is a settlers port by Gameloft...
07-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
There is a settlers port by Gameloft...

Yes that's the iOS version I referred to. It's been gamebreakingly bugged for well over a year with no fix in sight. So any other suggestions for a real time esource management game? Ohhhh something like Patrician 2 would be sick!
07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post

TBH, Stronghold for me was 80% focused on sadistic sieges and pouring burning oil on huge masses of meat shields. Ah, one of my favorite RTS-es. So many gameplay options and atmosphere. Too bad the sequels failed so miserably. About your question-there is nothing that comes near the feel and uniqueness of Stronghold on iOS, but you can try Majesty. It has a lot of micromanagement, even if the game is rather simplistic. Imperium Galactica is a good choice too. That game has buckets of gameplay options in it. If you can handle constant walls of text, the King of Dragon Pass is for you. Once you accept the fact that its actually a game you can get addicted for weeks. The game has depth. Lots and lots of it. And micromanagement. Hope my rather lenghty post helps you.
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
TBH, Stronghold for me was 80% focused on sadistic sieges and pouring burning oil on huge masses of meat shields. Ah, one of my favorite RTS-es. So many gameplay options and atmosphere. Too bad the sequels failed so miserably. About your question-there is nothing that comes near the feel and uniqueness of Stronghold on iOS, but you can try Majesty. It has a lot of micromanagement, even if the game is rather simplistic. Imperium Galactica is a good choice too. That game has buckets of gameplay options in it. If you can handle constant walls of text, the King of Dragon Pass is for you. Once you accept the fact that its actually a game you can get addicted for weeks. The game has depth. Lots and lots of it. And micromanagement. Hope my rather lenghty post helps you.
Thanks for the post. I've had KoDP for a while now. Epic epic epic game...but I'm looking for more RTS-like gameplay. I'll look into majesty a bit. Seen it all over but I've never played.

Edit:
Ah hah! I want a Lords of the Realm for ios! Couldn't come up with the name. Love my medieval RTS

Last edited by Turk; 07-21-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Thoughts