★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Horde - survival shooter out

05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Zombie Horde - survival shooter out

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317462682&mt=8

The Zombies are coming! Fend off the attacking hordes of zombies in three challenging game modes and difficulty levels. Switch between five different weapons with individual properties and shoot down the incoming zombie hordes to earn money and buy weapons and ammo! Wave after wave the Zombies will increase in numbers and difficulty, so you'll have to upgrade your arsenal of weapons to hold out as long as possible.

Try to survive the Zombie Horde in this fierce survival shooter and take down as many zombies with you as you can before the hordes overrun you... Maybe you'll survive long enough to buy the pump-action SHOTGUN and blast them away with brutal bass sound. Or the SUBMACHINE GUN to get them down quick and easy. Maybe you'll even earn enough money to buy the MIGHTY CHAINGUN and feel its power when you mow down the incoming Hordes! And last but not least there's the devastating power of the GRENADE LAUNCHER to get you out of ugly situations quick and dirty.

Get Zombie Horde now and find out:

- 3 challenging game modes
- 3 difficulty settings
- Different zombie types with different properties
- 5 completely different weapons
- Earn money and buy weapons/ammo
- Highscore for each game mode/difficulty
- Simple interface - Tap to shoot/buy/reload
- Resume game after phone calls etc.
- High Quality Sound Effects and Ambience Tracks
- Dark atmosphere and visuals
- Great, addictive finger shooting fun

On sale now for 99 cents.
05-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Seems like another "Last Stand/Attack From The Dead" type game. I'm a sucker for all things "zombie" and the price is nice. But unless there's anything else to this game I might actually pass on this.

Tempted... very tempted... but I've got enough of these games right now.

Here's hoping that there's actually something more to it (like a story or more than one location at least). Then I'd give it a go.

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5

05-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Seems like another "Last Stand/Attack From The Dead" type game. I'm a sucker for all things "zombie" and the price is nice. But unless there's anything else to this game I might actually pass on this.

Tempted... very tempted... but I've got enough of these games right now.

Here's hoping that there's actually something more to it (like a story or more than one location at least). Then I'd give it a go.

Bob
So are we going to see a review of this on app.versity anytime soon? you and your zombie games

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymos View Post
So are we going to see a review of this on app.versity anytime soon? you and your zombie games
;P I wouldn't be surprised to see a review of it.

05-31-2009, 04:20 PM
You've obviously followed my zombie-loving reviews. It's a pretty good bet. But I'm hoping it doesn't break my string of really good zombie games that have come out lately...

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay... I fell to the temptation and picked it up. It's a dollar so I figure that if I saw it at an arcade or something I'd be likely to drop some quarters into it without thinking... so it became a bit of a TOFTT.

I've only been into it for a little under an hour but I'm not sure if I'll be doing a whole lot more -- unless I end up doing a full review on the "banned" site.

But here at TA I'll give a little exclusive. To paraphrase Denny Green when it was coaching the Cardinals... "It is what I thought it was!".

The game is a basic take on the "Last Stand" genre of zombie games. The horde keeps coming at you and you have to protect your base. But instead of having to move up and down your line to aim you just tap the undead to shoot them. What could have been cool is now just a matter of tapping the screen (the lamest of all uses for the touch screen).

The graphics are all right, but after a few minutes you've seen everything and that loses some appeal. The game starts off with some cool music and zombie noises but as soon as the actual game starts it goes away and all you hear is the constant gunfire and occasional re-load. The music was good and they should have kept it going through out.

I was excited that at least I'd be able to buy more weapons and have some fun with that, but I'm not sure what it takes to get anything. The instructions tell me to hold down the reload button to buy weapons but every time I did that I'd get a little "buzzer" noise telling me that it isn't going to happen. I had over $20,000 and that should have been able to buy me something. I understand that in a zombie apocalypse there's bound to be some inflation, but jeez... 20K should have been able to buy me something.

And that's another strange thing. I always wonder how shooting something gives me both points and money. Not one of my favorite "go to's" in the gaming world.

There are three different modes to play and three difficulty levels with each three so I'll have to check everything out before giving it a "final" review. So far I only see "cemetery" listed as a location, but there is room for more.

Oh and speaking of the location. It was interesting to see the zombies come from two different points and take different paths. Made me wish that the game had combined Last Stand with a Tower Defense game. That would have been really good (hint hint to all devs out there).

So there you have a first impression on the game. It's not terrible, but there's much better in this genre out there. Only the truly zombie-crazy should even give it a go (I mean, it's only a buck), but if they don't do anything really big in updates you'll just find yourself erasing it after a few days and going back to the cooler zombie games you already have.

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
05-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Oh and speaking of the location. It was interesting to see the zombies come from two different points and take different paths. Made me wish that the game had combined Last Stand with a Tower Defense game. That would have been really good (hint hint to all devs out there).
oooo, a zombie tower defense game...yes, cmon dev's this is a good idea
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
oooo, a zombie tower defense game...yes, cmon dev's this is a good idea
*cough* plants vs zombies by popcap *cough*

05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seishu View Post
*cough* plants vs zombies by popcap *cough*
the best tower defense game ever

Car Jack Streets needs a rampage mode or remove the 2 week time limit.
06-01-2009, 08:17 AM
lol somebody posted today for the same game i bought it ...its really fun
actually price too low!!

@wondereva its not a tower defense game (unless you meant plants vs zombies)