★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: That Ain't It! Trivia Game (New Update) + Lite

05-31-2009, 11:15 AM
That Ain't It! Trivia Game (New Update) + Lite

For the trivia buffs out there looking for a challenge, the latest update of That Ain't It! Trivia Game just made it onto the App Store. This update includes 111 new questions (for a total of 999) in 8 different categories. There is a Game Show mode (10 questions, lifelines, try to win a million) and a Speed Trivia mode (that must be unlocked). The question format is unique.

There are a few demo videos on YouTube and you can find it on the iTunes store here or just browse the Trivia section in Games. It should be in the top 25. Today it is on sale at $1.99. Tomorrow, the price will increase and a limo will begin flying across the main screen to announce our 1000th Question Contest.

If you would like to review That Ain't It! and post a review on your blog, here, or on iTunes, please send me a PM and I will get you a promo code.

For completeness, here are some screenshots:

Developer at IMAK Creations, creator of ColorTilt and other lesser known apps, like That Ain't It!
Blog, twitter

Last edited by M of IMAK; 05-31-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: English is not the official language of the US or Belgium. Replaced screenshot.
05-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Neither Belgium nor the US have English as their official language.

05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
i sent a pm

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodfan15 View Post
Neither Belgium nor the US have English as their official language.
You have to click all countries that do have English as their official language

And huh? If the US doesn't have English as its official language what language do they have?

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-31-2009, 11:39 AM
PM sent.
05-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

And huh? If the US doesn't have English as its official language what language do they have?
None
http://www.proenglish.org/resources/legislation.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languag..._United_States
05-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Holy crap! Learn something new every day. Amazing. Whenever I learn bits of trivia like these I always envision I'll be on some kind of contest and they'll ask some crazy question like this and I'll win millions and millions of dollars lol.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-31-2009, 12:46 PM
That Ain't It! has you spin the wheel to determine the category of your next question. When the question is presented to you, you have 4 choices in front of you -- 3 match the question, one 'ain't it'. The questions are rated into difficulty levels, but I didn't find the questions to really correlate accordingly. I thought all of the questions were on the hard side, but not frustratingly so. Some questions you feel like you should know, but don't (for example 'Which of these men signed the Declaration of Independance'). For reference, I'm a college graduate with a professional degree.

The graphics are clean and attractive and most importantly, easy to read. There are no graphic puzzles or questions, they are all word questions and word answers. I consider that a good thing.

Suggestions:
I would have liked to see the 'Speed Trivia' section open a bit quicker. You need to reach $250k career earnings to open that up. I'm averaging $2k per round.

There is a little summary screen when you finish your round with your total career earnings, times played, and last round score. I would like to be able to access that screen at other times (I was looking for it on the 'Scores' tab). On the Scores tab, I would like to see my name at the bottom of the screen with my ranking without having to scroll through the hundreds of names on the listing to find it.

This game is a winner. It is the kind of game you can pick up and play for just a minute, but once you finish a round, you play it again. And again. It is also the kind of game I can see a couple of people huddling around the iPod playing together.

Highly recommended. 5 stars.
05-31-2009, 12:51 PM
PM sent, this game looks awesome!
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

Well only one answer is supposed to be the wrong one, and this question has two that "ain't it."