App description: The classic action adventure Fur Fighters comes to iOS.

When nature calls, shoot it!

Introducing the Fur Fighters, an elite squad of six animated animal commandos on a quest to rescue their families and save the free world!

The malevolent fat-cat General Viggo has kidnapped the Fur Fighters families and mutated them for his own fiendish ends. Now its up to you, playing as all six animal liberators, to knock the fluff out of Viggos army of dimwitted bears, save your babies and rescue the planet from the claws of evil.

Part action shooter, part mind wrecking puzzler, all attitude!
Featuring over 30 challenging levels and 20 devastating weapons.
Play as all six of the Fur Fighters using their individual special skills to solve puzzles and obliterate the bad guys.
A raging romp through fiendish feline conspiracies and blazing animal combat.

Developed by original members of the Bizarre Creations development team.

What they said about the original:

A wonderful, whimsical personality radiates from the lavishly detailed characters and surroundings. - IGN

Nothing short of Epic - Spank

Not only is it full of flashy graphics, great music and loads of action, it's actually full of wonderfully intuitive fun. - Dreamcast.net

Solid characters, cool environments, tight control, and a funny storyline, Fur Fighters comes highly recommended. - GamePro

Delusionaltool's comments:

One of the best Dreamcast games is on the ipad. I found out it came out from IGN kinda slipped passed every ones radar! Sanuku we need first impressions from what I played so far its great but i dont have video capture software..
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
i don't think anyone knew this was coming out if you had a dreamcast chances are you played fur fighters. well its on ipad and its in retina also for ipad 3. controls need tweaked a bit but they work ok, we need to get the devs on here.

so far its exactly what it is, the complete fur fighters game minus the multi player. but the huge campaign is all here, its almost a direct port.

07-20-2012, 01:57 PM
damn its quiet on here today, i thought people would be pretty pumped...
07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Even if I had a Dreamcast and loved it. I missed that one. Shame. However I don't care what they say about the controls - after Max Payne I know how you can get used to controls. Instant when I'm back home.
07-20-2012, 04:44 PM
"Classic"? .... As a launch day Japanese Dreamcast importer and huge fan of the platform, all I can say is, "No".
07-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
"Classic"? .... As a launch day Japanese Dreamcast importer and huge fan of the platform, all I can say is, "No".
Please explain.
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
Please explain.
he dont like the game obviously, its a great game you got 6 different animals all with a special ability you are always having to switch , one can jump higher, or is faster, one can fly etc , its a platformer too but you are blasting away other creatures who blow up in a cotton fluff...
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
he dont like the game obviously, its a great game you got 6 different animals all with a special ability you are always having to switch , one can jump higher, or is faster, one can fly etc , its a platformer too but you are blasting away other creatures who blow up in a cotton fluff...
Thank you. How can you not like it then?
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
The controls are absolutely terrible :/ hard work to play this with any degree of accuracy. I played this a lot on dream cast and loved it but nooo.. This iOS version is horrible.
07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaze View Post
The controls are absolutely terrible :/ hard work to play this with any degree of accuracy. I played this a lot on dream cast and loved it but nooo.. This iOS version is horrible.
its easily fixed, i actually got used to it after a while....we need to get the devs on the forums, i reviewed the game mentioned the controls i'm sure it will get fixed in a patch.