★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Great Kids Game Released today, For Counting and Reading

05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to jbmoney13
Great Kids Game Released today, For Counting and Reading

I know this forum typically enjoys more ARCADE type games, but I thought I would let the parents of young children know of a great game by a developer friend of mine, Thanks to all of you who have supported me in the upcoming games thread about "Mummy's Revenge" I'll let you guys know when it is finally approved.

My friend over at Redbot Software developed this game for kids, I tried it and it's really good, high quality stuff. Just got approved today by Apple. Check it out:

Sorry the ABC game was pulled from the Appstore by the developer for a bug that was missed. but the 123 Count is still in the Appstore

123 Count with Artie

here are some youtube videos:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks.

Respectfully,
JB / Apptastic Apps (Facebook Page)
Developing Quality Games: Check Out: Mummy's Revenge - Mummy's Revenge Lite (Free)
http://www.apptasticapps.com Twitter: - twitter.com/apptastic

Last edited by jbmoney13; 06-05-2009 at 01:19 AM.
05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Sold. Looks good, particularly because the numbers are spoken and displayed simultaneously.

Your link is broken, so here's one that should work:
123 Count with Artie

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jbmoney13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Sold. Looks good, particularly because the numbers are spoken and displayed simultaneously.

Your link is broken, so here's one that should work:
123 Count with Artie
Thanks for supporting my friend, and actually my friend had to pull a game from the series, it was the one with the ABC's. It needed an immediate update and he didn't want anyone to buy it with the slight problem that it had. But I hope your kids enjoy the 123 Count with Artie game.

Thanks for putting up the link.

Respectfully,
JB / Apptastic Apps (Facebook Page)
Developing Quality Games: Check Out: Mummy's Revenge - Mummy's Revenge Lite (Free)
http://www.apptasticapps.com Twitter: - twitter.com/apptastic

Last edited by jbmoney13; 06-01-2009 at 12:33 AM.
06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
You be surprised (or maybe not) but potentially might sell well in foreign countries for folks looking to teach abc's to their youngsters. You never know.
06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Solid entry. I keep telling more and more people that the ipod touch has huge potential for younger and younger kids... with supervision of course. I don't condone plugging your kids into any electronic device for hours and hours... but if you have learning games on the PC... might as well have them on the go as well.
06-02-2009, 06:17 PM
From the Developer

Hello. Thanks to JB for posting this up. The other three children's games will be out by next week, depending on apple.
Some background: I have three kids, they are always asking to play on my iPhone or my wife's iPhone. (I did download many games for my kids, some good, and some not so much.) My wife and I spend a lot of time getting workbooks for the kids, and so my goal was to make a game that's like a worksheet. With some fun entertaining things for kids as well. Kids love stories, so I started there. My goal is to create a game that kids will enjoy playing, without knowing that they are learning.
Please let me know what you think, any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some images:

Match Game:

Story:

Letter Tracing:

Thanks,
Parminder
06-02-2009, 06:35 PM
This looks great! Apple seems to really be pushing the family and kids section recently, so it's a great time for these types of apps. I wonder if there will be a "kid proof" version of the iPod Touch that will serve as a learning tool sometime in the near future.
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
This looks great! Apple seems to really be pushing the family and kids section recently, so it's a great time for these types of apps. I wonder if there will be a "kid proof" version of the iPod Touch that will serve as a learning tool sometime in the near future.
I let my kids play with my iPhone and iPod Touch all the time. There are some great educational kids game out there now. I think the iPhone and Touch are a lot tougher than people give them credit for. They look more delicate than they really are. I've never used a protective case, and I've dropped mine a few times now.
But your right, it is an amazing learning device, one of the most important learning tool for kids, is the hand eye coordination, and you just cannot do that with a computer. That's why my wife and I have stuck to worksheets, print them out let the kids fill them in by hand. To really learn effectively, a child must practice writing all the time, and the multi-touch interface really changes the game! I hope apple comes out with the multi-touch for computers soon, now that would really be something!
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
ABC Matching and ABC Letter's Tracing just released!

Hello Parents of young kids!

Both ABC Matching and ABC Letter's Tracing just hit the App Store late last night.

And to my surprise ABC Letter's Tracing has already started climbing the charts this morning! (Ranked in Kids Games #65 and Education Games #59, as of this post.)

Here is the links:
ABC Matching
ABC Letter's Tracing

The YouTube videos are already on the first post of this thread.

I guess it's similar to some letter tracing games already out. Then with the added feature where the arrows instruct as you trace and auto correct if you make a mistake, make it a better value. (Especially at only 99 cents.)

The ABC Matching game is not a typical matching game with turn over cards, this is more like the worksheets used in schools. I hope people see this important difference.

Any feedback from parents and/or your kids? I will work hard to make this game better. All updates will be free for current users.

Thanks!
06-11-2009, 02:02 PM
ABC Letters Tracing is now number 40 in the Top 100 list of Educational Games. And now ABC Match has also joined the list at number 79.

Thanks to all the parents out there that have purchased the game!

If you have young children, and haven't tried it yet, it's still on sale at only 99 cents, for a limited time.

I've gotten a lot of input from teachers about the game. It's important to understand how children learn. I've spoken with my own children's teachers, and they say that the young mind is constantly making connections in the brain, associating different things. And so this game shows the pictures, along with the letters, and the child hears the letters, and of sounds that the letters make and sounds of words that begin with the same letter. This important connection needs to be made in the mind of a child at a young age, as they move up into reading words.

The ABC Matching game is not a typical "flip card" match game. It may be confusing, but I didn't know what else to call it. This is like the worksheets in school, but a lot better, because it's interactive. The child can press and hear the sounds of letters and words.