Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Where the hell is sword of fargoal 2?

there is Zero information and its been Ages since this kickstarter was finished. i have never seen such a lack of communication by a developer after finishing a kickstarter.. i dont mind games taking time but cmon there has not been a single word...what gives?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Completely the wrong forum for this topic, but here you go:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...49385&page=327
Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Completely the wrong forum for this topic, but here you go:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...49385&page=327
my point is there isnt been any movement. on that thread or anywhere on the internet.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Wasn't there a planned release date targetted for sometime this month? Given how much the developers were posting up to a month ago or so, I would have hoped to hear something since then.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Well, Madgarden and Jeff McCord (that post under fargoal i belive) do respond on the 1.7 SoF thread. But i do belive that is time for a new SoF 2 thread with all the updates and informations so far.
The kickstart already finished so i also think that should be more new about the progress of the project...
Either way, i'm keep waiting! Fargoal 1 still my favorite iOS game!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
my point is there isnt been any movement. on that thread or anywhere on the internet.
They respond when you type something. The last post was by a developer a month ago, and nobody else has posted since then... so what are they gonna reply to?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
They respond when you type something. The last post was by a developer a month ago, and nobody else has posted since then... so what are they gonna reply to?
ive never seen a developer who doesnt willingly give tons of information to build hype around the game. im sure they already have tons of hype but no website, no information , no updates, no videos? i think its a little ridiculous that we have to ask, what other people just naturally do.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
ive never seen a developer who doesnt willingly give tons of information to build hype around the game. im sure they already have tons of hype but no website, no information , no updates, no videos? i think its a little ridiculous that we have to ask, what other people just naturally do.
I'm sure they will when the release closes in. They've always been open about how long it'll take though. They told us when things were slow and when they were focused on other projects... I don't think they've ever had a solid date set.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Thanks Starcat,

I'm just now learning about this thread we ran across it recently. Thanks for expressing your concerns. It sounds like you may not have been involved with our Kickstarter campaign (as a backer, I mean), because we actually have been posting regular updates through our Kickstarter page.

We've also released a pre-release PC Alpha of the game, and just a couple of days ago our first MacOS Alpha. The good news is, this means progress! It is true, however, that we don't know the release date yet, because we are taking in all the great feedback we've been getting, fixing bugs, and working on which improvements to make for the release.

Sorry that we have missed (or been light on) some if the communications outlets. Some of it has been that we've all been very busy; plus I've been spending considerable time fulfilling some of the Kickstarter pledge rewards and getting others finished to be ready to fulfill.

That's odd you say we don't have a website. We do have Fargoal.com, plus we have our own regular Fargoal forums, and our Backer-Only Forums for those backers that have supported at certain levels (for working with them on ideas for the game, etc).

Not to paint a picture that we've been perfect about communication. I can always do more, and I *promise* you that I'll strive to do more. I will say, however, that more constructive conversations about the game would be appreciated. I was surprised to read how upset you seemed especially since we've been working so hard in so many areas.

At any time, I also invite you to contact me *directly* through our contact page on Fargoal.com. I think you'll find that we always strive to answers promptly when we know the questions are out there.

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Thank you, MidianGTX, for your kind words and support.

Jeff