★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,921
Just curious whether you guys farm in single or multiplayer games?

Yeah..I'm lev 30 now..but my weapon is still a 165->200 damage one that I found back around lev 10-15 which ive upgraded twice since then. In terms of progressing, feels like I need a +300 damage for the next few stages. The first stage in the spider is ok until the final boss, where after one mistake I'm dead.

I've been mostly playing multiplayer..but trying missions that's a bit too hard. Sucks if you don't complete the missions you don't get the drops.

Haha..well, I'll stop complaining for now since I know for these games, it's all about finding loot. And once I find a decent upgrade to my current weapon I'll be able to really progress again. ;-)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 20,079
Im farming on single player. I can time parries better here as it sometimes has a delay on multiplayer which f's up my timing.

When i was at lv30 i used a sword with over 400 atk value. I got lots of good stuff farming Shivering Refuge-10 a lot.

I have just since then upgraded that weapon and is now at 535 Atk Value... like this:

Atk: 345
+81 Atk
+59 Fire
+10% crit hit dmg

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Think I need to try multiplayer, but almost every time I go in there's not a room open and it doesn't seem to let me create one.

I'm still not past the Undead Spire. There seems to be huge leap from Floor 7 to Floor 8 in that dungeon. Been farming and got a bit more decent equipment but still can't get past Floor 8. I'm only Level 20 with a weapon that does like 143 damage.

Tried the Spider Lair and can't get past the 3rd wave LOL.

Oh well, I'm having fun with it. Maybe the multiplayer will be more generous with me if I can get in.
08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 20,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Think I need to try multiplayer, but almost every time I go in there's not a room open and it doesn't seem to let me create one.

I'm still not past the Undead Spire. There seems to be huge leap from Floor 7 to Floor 8 in that dungeon. Been farming and got a bit more decent equipment but still can't get past Floor 8. I'm only Level 20 with a weapon that does like 143 damage.

Tried the Spider Lair and can't get past the 3rd wave LOL.

Oh well, I'm having fun with it. Maybe the multiplayer will be more generous with me if I can get in.
Have you tried upgrading your weapon? Im guessing you have a good number of Lv1 elements by now. Level up dash if you can, giving priority to the top tree. At your level, you should have access to ground smash already. It should help you clear our minions while dealing damage to bosses without taking much damage during the animation.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,387
Anyone had problems playing this on iPad 2? I can't get it to run at all - crashes while loading, even after restarting the iPad. Works fine on my iPhone 4 though.
08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Have you tried upgrading your weapon? Im guessing you have a good number of Lv1 elements by now. Level up dash if you can, giving priority to the top tree. At your level, you should have access to ground smash already. It should help you clear our minions while dealing damage to bosses without taking much damage during the animation.
I have upgraded my weapon and have a ton of level 1 elements, but any additional upgrades seem to require higher level elements that I don't have. That's one reason I mentioned earlier that I wish you could trade in lower level elements towardd higher level ones.

Yeah, I am also thinking I need to save up cash for getting the ground smash. It's unlocked. Just need to get the 5,000 coins for the upgrade.

I'll keep working at it....
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,921
Ground smash is pretty useful, especially against mobs.

Well, finally started getting items again. Yeah, I've been grinding single player now. One thing to keep in mind is you only get to keep items if you beat a level..so one way is go for the highest level that you are sure you can beat the boss decently quickly. I seem to get items from main and mini bosses and chests. So for some levels, just make a beeline for those items and skip/don't trigger the other trash mobs since its just a "waste of time".

If you go for a more difficult boss and die, you also "wasted" time grinding for weapons (but at least you keep the experience).

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
08-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm at 41 now!

Did you guys having a gold farming guide?

What I'm doing now is collecting some loots at Cheapter 3-9 ,then sell em all !!
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 20,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarte View Post
Did you guys having a gold farming guide?

What I'm doing now is collecting some loots at Cheapter 3-9 ,then sell em all !!
Spider Cavern (name correct?) seems to give the most loots since it's 10 waves. Then sell em all.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 345
Will not run on my 4s no matter what I do. Reinstalled, restarted, repeat. Any fix? It always crashes just after it loads with the dude beheading the monster with his axe.