Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Not really. You need to move from point A to B, but the stages arent too big, but they arent too small either since killing enemies usually take time, and that will make you spend time on each stage. It's mission based too, as opposed to of EW1's waves.

For the time I spent on this, i'd say this is much better than DH3.

But a word of warning, this game doesnt feel finished yet. There isnt much in the shops yet, but everything else feels great.

Doesnt look like IAP is necessary because of the good and better item drops from bosses and sub-bosses. There is some degree of difficulty in later levels, but you can grind off previous replayable missions. Also, this isnt a button-mash-attack-button-to-win. Well-timed guards are necessary to take down bosses, which makes things a little more strategic than other diablo clones.
A few more great features and this sounds really great!

Thx for the preview
Old 07-25-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
why no support for older devices,not that this looks anything better than dungeon hunter or anything.Really devs. are becoming extremely lazy.
It`s not that the Publisher/Developer are getting lazy nowadays. Often older iDevice simple doesn`t support some Feature of the Game Engine or the IAP that is included into the Game.

Even Apple itself did cut out some of the older iDevice from their Update List so you simple won`t be able to upgrade to a newer Firmware Version and some Games that did first run on those don`t do it with the newest Build because the Game use now a different Engine that would require a newer Firmware.

While some Developer are still taking the extra Time and release two different Builds to still be able to support all iDevices many simple doesn`t even take that extra Work because it seems that it doesn`t pay of in the End for them.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Should be released today on Android and iOS tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Cant wait! I loved the soft-beta canadian release, so this should be a blast playing. One of the few Glu Games i appreciate.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Damn i'm nearly converted to this freemium type hack n slash !

Would love this to be like 'dungeon hunter 1' as in quests to do, rather than 'dungeon hunter 3' and just an arena slash type game.

Is it just as case of 'go to each floor and kill everything' or are there 'missions' ?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

This looks good BUT Glu will find a way to screw this up (Iap Heavy).I have little to no faith in them,we'll see...
Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
This looks good BUT Glu will find a way to screw this up (Iap Heavy).I have little to no faith in them,we'll see...
Yep thats what worries me.

Gears & Guts could have been brilliant but was ruined by stupid crazy OTT IAP's by Glu sadly
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

I'm also afraid of the IAP but for the first ten levels (first world) i've had quite a lot of great loot. Ranging from blue to orange, i even feel overpowered sometimes
But i believe the upgrade gems and in the long run the coins are gonna be in short supply or i'll have to grind. The game is fun though and multiplayer's a blast. It gets repetitive but it has that "one more floor" feeling.

Last edited by killercow; 08-22-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I'm also afraid of the IAP but for the first ten levels (first world) i've had quite a lot of great loot. Ranging from blue to orange, i even feel overpowered sometimes
But i believe the upgrade gems and in the long run the coins are gonna be in short supply or i'll have to grind. The game is fun though and multiplayer's a blast. It gets repetitive but it has that "one more floor" feeling.
Good post and I agree. I'm really digging this so far, about 2 hrs in.

I love the "floor" aspect a lot. Each seems a little different so far. The bosses are a good fight also, u must do well with your block skill however.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Playing this on my Android phone. So far so good, but a tad too straightforward though. Like Exact-Psience mentioned basically getting from point A to point B and killing X number of enemies.

Last edited by johannaffendy; 08-22-2012 at 10:26 PM..