★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Aidem Media
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 37.4 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ***SALE*** Celebrating the launch of City of Secrets 2: Episode 1, you can pick up this BRAND NEW ADVENTURE for the crazy introductory price of 99 cents! (normal price will be $4.99). And, because we're feeling generous, ALL of our other games are also on sale for a short while!

"This is definitely a cool game for those not afraid to jump in and face the challenge." - Appadvice.com

Clear and easy to understand rules
Designed for logic games enthusiasts
A precisely scaled difficulty level that will satisfy both new and experienced players
Expertly designed levels divided into 2 categories

The Rat Kingdom... A grim place, ruled by the most equal of equals; the Grand Rat. Guardsmen armed to the teeth, tele-screens, propaganda and a ceiling splitting the Kingdom in half. Oppressed citizens under constant surveillance look for a hero to set them free from the merciless authority's claws. Is there still hope? Will there come a time when the oppressed shall rise?
We have no idea. But you have to admit, that was an intriguing introduction. Aidem Media and Reiner Knizia proudly present a new game, set in the universe of City of Secrets, that will challenge your grey matter. Very easy to learn rules are the starting point for an intriguing challenge that gets more demanding with each stage. It may seem trivial; you simply have to fill the empty fields with elements of the right colour. Seems trivial, but the 36 carefully designed stages will provide many hours of playing for even the most experienced of players. Many hours of great entertainment, and you never know, at the end the rats may just be driven out by your ingenious solutions!
07-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for posting that GoiMot.
I was waiting for the team to create a video, and it's ready now.

Here:-

Youtube link | Pop Up

And we have some promo codes to give away, so first come first served to my PM please if you want to try it out...

07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
PM sen... Nah, bought it instead. Really looking forward to this one! Cheers.
07-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Put about an hour into this and I'm enjoying it so far. Good graphics, music, and sound effects. It's been pretty challenging so far especially the matching puzzles. Nothing too hard yet, but I'm sure that will change. Recommended for puzzle fans, needs gamecenter achievements.
07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
A Knizia title that is not getting a lot of attention? That is surprising. PMd and happy to post impressions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
A Knizia title that is not getting a lot of attention? That is surprising. PMd and happy to post impressions.
Hi Pluto6,
Actually, all the codes I have went within about 15 minutes! I guess people are playing some more until the comment (I hope). I'll see if I can hijack some more for you logic fans

Thanks to THOTH for the impressions. I will see what the guys say about achievements, but really you either complete the level or don't, so unless we add timers (which is significantly changing the game) then there's not much to 'Achieve' except for completing all levels!

If you have any ideas I will pass them to the team and we may ask Reiner if he wants to add them. Thanks!
07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I did manage to get a batch of extra codes and I have a few left if anyone else wants a free brain teaser! PM me

EDIT: To those who posed above you should all have a PM waiting if you didn't see it yet
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
... It's been pretty challenging so far especially the matching puzzles. Nothing too hard yet, but I'm sure that will change. Recommended for puzzle fans, needs gamecenter achievements.
Hah, I was going to post that the matching puzzles are far easier than the covering puzzles! This is a very challenging game! It's quite interesting though, and highly recommended for fans of difficult logic puzzles.

The graphics are superb, and are crystal clear on the retina iPad. I love the guy in the jar, but you don't actually get to interact with him. The opening sequence is cute though!

One bug I noticed was that on the first pass through "Help", a large oval "Next" button covers half the words on the screen! It's not until you go through the second time that the screen is clear and uncluttered.

I would love to see a hint system enabled for this, or solutions posted somewhere. I'm doing fine with the matching puzzles, but I'm going to be forever figuring out the covering ones. This is definitely not for lightweight gamers.

I'm not sure I see the tie-in to City of Secrets with this, though, other than the jar on the last level of the game. I've played through that point-and-click adventure, and liked it a lot. The bureaucracy, both in humor and in game play, was very amusing.

Last edited by dclose; 07-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.
07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
One bug I noticed was that on the first pass through "Help", a large oval "Next" button covers half the words on the screen! It's not until you go through the second time that the screen is clear and uncluttered.
Thanks for spotting this. We'll look into it!

Quote:
I would love to see a hint system enabled for this, or solutions posted somewhere. I'm doing fine with the matching puzzles, but I'm going to be forever figuring out the covering ones. This is definitely not for lightweight gamers.
Good idea. We will look at putting solutions on our website.

Quote:
I'm not sure I see the tie-in to City of Secrets with this, though, other than the jar on the last level of the game. I've played through that point-and-click adventure, and liked it a lot. The bureaucracy, both in humor and in game play, was very amusing.
What we have done is a series of logic games with Reiner Knizia (as you may have noticed), and each of the games will have 1 puzzle based on it in our new "point and click" graphic adventure, City of Secrets Episodes 2 and 3, which are coming soon!

Likewise, if you are playing City of Secrets and you enjoy a particular type of logic game you find, then you can get a WHOLE GAME based on the idea to continue your fun

Hopefully all will become clearer once you can play City of Secrets 2
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Wow, these puzzles are really challenging. They are not frustrating at all though, I can take my time and come back to it later. The gameplay is really unique, kind of like sudoku. I haven't ever played anything quite like it. I'm really enjoying it so far though, I did find the matching puzzles more challenging also. Great game, and I am really excited for the new city of secrets.