Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 PM

I agree with what everyone is saying here. I like TTR, but will skip this.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I get the thinking behind going with a separate app here for visibility/monetary reasons, but... After already having separate iPhone/iPad versions with different features, splitting this off into yet another app instead of just making the maps IAP seems like a slap in the face. With so many people already owning the Pocket version, I also have to wonder if this will really do better or worse for them than if they had made the maps IAPs for Pocket.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 AM

Taking a pass here too. I really hate these situations where amazing board games don't get the iOS treatment they deserve. Ticket to Ride should be in the discussion with the iOS legends like Carcassonne and Ascension. Instead, it seems like DoW has a bet going with Big Daddy's Creations to see who can botch iOS versions of awesome games the worst.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:52 AM

I wish I had something to whinge and whine about so I could fit right in here, but I don't. Instead, I'm just thankful that I get the chance to play these maps on my iPhone, however they were released. They didn't have to release this, and no-one has to buy it. Buy it, don't buy it, who cares? Whining never once got anyone anywhere, ever. Rant over, and yes I do feel better now thankyou for asking. 😊
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 AM
iPhone 3GS

I have TTR on the iphone and the europe version as a RL board game so i'll pass another separate app, would have loved to have swiss as an in app though... So maybe i'll cave in some day it's not that expensive really..
Old 07-25-2012, 02:59 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

I have the iPad version with all inApps, the iPhone Version and the PC version ... but I will never buy this one! Are they complete nuts?

New maps and AI Players as an inApp purchse: Yes, ok!
Another App: No way for me!

I really hope most people will think so!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 AM

as pointed out already the prize for the new iphone app is less than the IAP for the european map in the ipad HD version. (3.99 € IAP European map vs 1.79 € TtRp Europe app)
so i don't really get all this whining and complaining. i have to spend more money for an often not so exciting taste of coffee in a shop so what?

i own the ipad version for live play but will be very glad to be able to play the new maps in asynchronous multiplayer mode vs my GC friends in TtRp Europe.
yes, i would prefer the ipad version to get async mp mode but up till then i will spend the (not so much) money for a quality app that will be played VERY often.

but anybody can do as he likes and pass on what he wants.

Last edited by JammaTal; 07-25-2012 at 04:07 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammaTal View Post
as pointed out already the prize for the new iphone app is less than the IAP for the european map in the ipad HD version.
so i don't really get all this whining and complaining. i have to spend more money for an often not so exciting taste of coffee in a shop so what?
I absolute don't care about the money ... within the last three years we (me & my wife) spend around 5000,- Euro for Apps and Books! No, I just don't want to have more Apps for the same game ...

At the very least they should offen the new Maps as an inApp purchse ... for the same amount, no problem!

The second App is what sucks for me ...

Last edited by Mythbuster; 07-25-2012 at 04:16 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 05:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammaTal View Post
as pointed out already the prize for the new iphone app is less than the IAP for the european map in the ipad HD version. (3.99 IAP European map vs 1.79 TtRp Europe app)

i own the ipad version for live play but will be very glad to be able to play the new maps in asynchronous multiplayer mode vs my GC friends in TtRp Europe.
yes, i would prefer the ipad version to get async mp mode but up till then i will spend the (not so much) money for a quality app that will be played VERY often.

but anybody can do as he likes and pass on what he wants.
The price is a non-issue. (And most have already stated that they'd have gladly paid for new maps as IAP.) It's the fact that an app which was already split into two separate apps (dividing the player base, and offering different features for both versions) has been split off yet again into a third app. As an iPad owner, this also means possibly having three separate apps.

It's hard not to look at decisions like this and be a little bit annoyed, partially because of the feeling of lost potential. TTR has the polish to easily be among the best iOS board game apps, but having three separate apps will make sure it's never in that category.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM

I bought it since I liked original TTRP. I would like to have it in one app but I would rather buy it instead of not having at all. I don't have iPad so I don't have a choice. I hope developers will fix it somehow in the future.

Can anyone please explain to me what the stations do? I read in the manual but I don't really understand.

Thanks!