Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkarafo View Post
I bought it since I liked original TTRP. I would like to have it in one app but I would rather buy it instead of not having at all. I don't have iPad so I don't have a choice. I hope developers will fix it somehow in the future.

Can anyone please explain to me what the stations do? I read in the manual but I don't really understand.

Thanks!
I could be missing something obvious, but as I understand it, if you build a station in a city you then are free to use any of your opponents' lines out of the city as your own. If you manage to finish the game without using all of your stations you'll get a bonus.

Also, as I recall, the iPad AI almost never used the stations preferring instead to get the end game bonus for the unused ones.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I bought it since I liked original TTRP. I would like to have it in one app but I would rather buy it instead of not having at all. I don't have iPad so I don't have a choice. I hope developers will fix it somehow in the future.

Can anyone please explain to me what the stations do? I read in the manual but I don't really understand.

Thanks!
When you build a station you can use one of the routes exiting that city as your own even know it's controlled by your opponent
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
When you build a station you can use one of the routes exiting that city as your own even know it's controlled by your opponent
Is it something you need to declare which route when the station is made or will the game automatically figure which route would best benefit you at the end of the game?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammaTal View Post
i have to spend more money for an often not so exciting taste of coffee in a shop so what?
It's not the money. Heck, I would have paid more for the maps in the original TTR Pocket. It's the fact that I was annoyed enough that I had to have two apps on my iPad for TTR, one for live play and one for async. Now to get the full experience I need to have three? I personally find that ridiculous and annoying. And more than anything else I'm just disappointed, because as I said, Ticket to Ride could be the best game on the iPad if they stopped screwing around like this.

Quote:
They connect your route through your opponent's one connection. So for example if you have a ticket to connect Roma to London, but your opponent had already claimed London to Dieppe, you can connect Roma to Dieppe, put a station on Dieppe, and still complete the ticket. (map)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
They connect your route through your opponent's one connection. So for example if you have a ticket to connect Roma to London, but your opponent had already claimed London to Dieppe, you can connect Roma to Dieppe, put a station on Dieppe, and still complete the ticket. (map)
OK, thank you all!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Is there any hope that TTR iPad will ever get async play that works with the iPhone games? It's dumb that I have to play the iPhone games scaled up on my iPad. It's not intolerable, but I'd certainly be much happier if I could use the real iPad version.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Is there any hope that TTR iPad will ever get async play that works with the iPhone games? It's dumb that I have to play the iPhone games scaled up on my iPad. It's not intolerable, but I'd certainly be much happier if I could use the real iPad version.
I grew tired of doing this long ago. Days of Wonder apps are fractured beyond repair, at this point.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
It's possible in iOS 6 with cross platform game center being a key feature. I've also seen a few games being upgraded with it now (W.E.L.D.E.R. comes to mind) but I don't know if it works in iOS 5.x
Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 AM

I buy (did I get it free?) TTRP only because it has async MP, so I regret heavily for buying the iPad version! I dunno but with IAP running all over, I dunno how come some developers still make separate apps. I think someone should take a good look on their business model -- in case there was one.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
It's possible in iOS 6 with cross platform game center being a key feature. I've also seen a few games being upgraded with it now (W.E.L.D.E.R. comes to mind) but I don't know if it works in iOS 5.x
Wha? They can do it any time, no iOS6 needed. They're just choosing to do things differently.

The cross platform game center thing in iOS6 is between Macs and iOS. iPad and iPhone are the on same platform, and lots of games play between the two (including Ticket to Ride, just not in async mode).