★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Robert de Boer
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 63.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Visit our facebook page if you have any questions:
http://www.facebook.com/RMBSoft

Chloe often had dreams of a little blonde headed girl laughing and twirling.

A womans gentle voice humming a tune.

A certain smell or breeze that brushed her face often brought a flash of a memory that she just couldnt quite grasp.

A recurring dream startled awake from a loud bang, drenched in her own sweat, her heart beating out of her chest,
a scream that just couldnt leave her throat.

Clutching an envelope she found in her mothers belongings after her passing

Chloe knew in her heart Snow Hill held the answers to her past.

Can you help Chloe solve the mystery of Snow Hill?

Features:
- Classic point and click adventure
- Dynamic map with visited locations and current location
- Complete hint guide to help you if you get stuck
- Gorgeous graphics
- Lots of items to collect and mini games to solve
- Autosave function build into the game

rdeboer's comments:
Our latest game, Snow Hill HD, has been released on the appstore.

Snow Hill HD is a point & click adventure, with a great storyline, a lot of objects to find and puzzles to solve.

Story:
Chloe often had dreams of a little blonde headed girl laughing and twirling.

A womans gentle voice humming a tune.

A certain smell or breeze that brushed her face often brought a flash of a memory that she just couldnt quite grasp.A recurring dream startled awake from a loud bang, drenched in her own sweat, her heart beating out of her chest, a scream that just couldnt leave her throat.

Clutching an envelope she found in her mothers belongings after her passing
Chloe knew in her heart Snow Hill held the answers to her past.

Can you help Chloe solve the mystery of Snow Hill?

Features:
- Classic point and click adventure
- Dynamic map with visited locations and current location
- Complete hint guide to help you if you get stuck
- Gorgeous graphics
- Lots of items to collect and mini games to solve
- Autosave function build into the game

More information on the website: http://www.rmbsoft.com/mobile

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ytdYU2qo0

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snow-hill-hd/id528948833?mt=8

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/RM-de-...92385304136889

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RMBSoft

Promo codes:
I have 10 promo codes to give away - please PM me and I will send them out in the order received!

And if you get a code and have the time, I would totally appreciate a review somewhere, share on Facebook, twitter, or tell your mom, friends, anything you can do would be awesome!

With regards,
Robert de Boer,
RMBSoft
07-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Cool game. I don't often buy games that are over 99 cents right off the bat (yeah, I'm cheap), but I did buy this one. It's a bit slow paced compared to a lot of other adventure games, but it's still interesting. More importantly, though, is that it's an original story and not just a port. And, it has that old school point and click adventure game feel to it, which I just love. Not to mention the fact that the visuals are pretty slick. Overall it's been worth the money to me.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre

07-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Cool game. I don't often buy games that are over 99 cents right off the bat (yeah, I'm cheap), but I did buy this one. It's a bit slow paced compared to a lot of other adventure games, but it's still interesting. More importantly, though, is that it's an original story and not just a port. And, it has that old school point and click adventure game feel to it, which I just love. Not to mention the fact that the visuals are pretty slick. Overall it's been worth the money to me.
On the other hand, the fact that it is not a port AND has an original story gives me pause. After quite a few bad experiences, I am a little skeptical of 'stories' in mobile games.

The visuals do look pretty good though.
07-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
On the other hand, the fact that it is not a port AND has an original story gives me pause. After quite a few bad experiences, I am a little skeptical of 'stories' in mobile games.

The visuals do look pretty good though.
I completely understand where you're coming from. It seems that the idea of story is more tied to the PC, where developers are expecting people to spend more time with a particular game. The problem is, if you're going to make certain genres portable, you really need to carry as many aspects of that genre with it as you can, and of course one of the most important aspects of an adventure game is the story. Things do seem to be getting better, though. And, for what it's worth, I'd rather have a brand new IP with a bad story than a port with a bad story

Eric Pankoke
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I have just started playing. First impressions are great. The graphics are very good, the storyline is very engaging (I really want to know what happened) and the music compliments the storyline perfectly.

It was a good idea to talk to people first so the story unfolded a little. Haven't really done any puzzles yet but I am quite happy to roam around and look at all the different places I can visit.

I like a game where you can take your time and really immerse yourself in it. This is one of those games. The graphics and sound effects really take you to Snow Hil. It's a bit of a shock when I look up and I'm in the 21st century

I hope this game does really well (im sure it will) and you develop more in the future
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Help?

I've been playing on and off all day. Enjoying it immensely. Need some help on a couple of things tho...
SPOILER

Fix lights and the paper with directions?
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
This is really nicely done! The graphics and text are crystal clear on the retina iPad, and very high quality drawings too, with really nice sound effects. The story is engaging, but I did notice some incorrect spelling and grammar.

"...she found some clothes, picture's and trinkets." should read, "...she found some clothes, pictures and trinkets." There's no need for the apostrophe in that sentence!

Newspaper is one word, not two.

In the scene where Chloe introduces herself, the text switches back and forth between the first person and second person narrating, which is confusing.

"I often had dreams of a little blonde headed girl laughing and twirling. A woman's gentle voice humming a tune. A certain smell or breeze that brushed her face often brought a flash of a memory that she just couldn't quite grasp."

For the last sentence in that paragraph, are you meaning that the breeze or smell brushes the woman's face or Chloe's? Because as it's written right now, it refers to the woman in a very awkwardly-worded way, and not to Chloe.

I don't see the ability to save the game? Does it just auto-save once you're through the first few intro scenes? Because if you quit before reaching the town, you have to play through from the beginning again. Do you plan to add user-selectable save slots?
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
I don't see the ability to save the game? Does it just auto-save once you're through the first few intro scenes? Because if you quit before reaching the town, you have to play through from the beginning again. Do you plan to add user-selectable save slots?
It definitely saves at some point, because I just loaded it back up and it looks like everything is just where I left it. You had me worried for just a second, though It would be nice to have some idea of when / how often it saves, and a couple of slots would be nice in case more than one person wants to play at the same time.

Eric Pankoke
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
@dclose
Thanks for the feedback, we will fix the spelling in the next update

@PointOfLight and @dclose
No worries about saving the game. Every progress you make in the game is saved automatically, including objects you find, evidence, and the last location.

We might add the ability to play with more then one player in the near future.
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the code - I've been playing this for a bit and really like it. The gameplay is engaging, the story is interesting, and there are good puzzles along the way. I like that you've included a scene map and hint guide, as well as being able to re-look at story elements (letters, etc) that you've uncovered along the way. The graphics are really quite good, and the save system seems to work well so far. Fans of point & click puzzle adventure games should really enjoy this one.