★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gate9
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: From Media says
-------------
This is a medieval pageantry style triple game, with knights and dragons, and the graphics look suitably colorful. It leads to hours of fun gameplay. --PocketGamer.

FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! Its totally a time killer since Ive found it on my new iPhone!AppTopFun.

Featured in the Apple "New and Noteworthy" Section (US, UK, France, Japan and South Korea)

Be careful! After downloading Dragon Town it is possible that you:
-forget your work
-forget your kids in kindergarten
-forget about exams
- and even forget to wear pants after toilet:)

Dragon Town is completely enthralling logical (puzzle) game where only you decide whether to evolve Demons ways or The Dukes authority.

New generation Game of Dungeons and Dragons(D&D)!

Dragon Town is a magic-theme puzzle game in which you try to build the greatest town. More valuable units you make, more points you earn. You build your town by matching three or more game units: combine three soldiers to make one swordsman, three swordsmen to make one sorcereruntil youve filled the board with all highest units. You have to combine the both power of sword and magic to fight for the forces of evil dragon, then you can get the treasures from the evil dragon.

You have a limited geographical space, but you need to match the units appropriately in order to get more points as you can, to win the evil dragons treasures.

You can buy more moves in store when you run out of moves, even though they replenish for free if you wait a while.

What are you waiting for? Lets enjoy the endless fun of this fantasy world!

=== Game features ===
-10 kinds of fantastic units
-Unlimited combinations of units
-Various powerful props
-Excellent graphics and music

sammi's comments:
Dragon Town is a brand new magic-theme puzzle game in which you try to build the greatest possible town. More valuable units you make, more points you earn.

Hope you all love it!

07-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Hmmm where have I seen this game before?

Oh yea.

Paid game + IAP for free moves = Money grab.

Last edited by justln; 07-25-2012 at 03:05 AM.

07-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Apparently this is free for a limited time so I guess now's a good a time as any to check it out if you were interested.
07-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Game Impressions

Dragon Town.Featured in the Apple New and Noteworthy Section (US and Japan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zjTu...hannel&list=UL
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
For me this is the most interesting out of all the games of this type, and the only one that will stay on my device but... I WAS ready to buy unlimited steps, double coins and the extra storage space, but the price is a little too high in my opinion for three seperate transactions... may I suggest you incorporate all three into the one price, ie. you buy unlimited steps for $4:49 and get the storage space and double coins thrown in for free as a bonus. I know you guys have to make money but the current pricing model seems a little to harsh to me at the moment. And the deluxe package for $20:99 is simply ridiculous if you ask me. If you are fair to your gamers then we will be fair to you. That's my thoughts anyway, thanks for listening. Otherwise it's a great game.
07-26-2012, 07:58 PM
What does this game offer in terms of gameplay that is different from its predecessors (mentioned above)?
07-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
What does this game offer in terms of gameplay that is different from its predecessors (mentioned above)?
If you're familiar with its predecessors then the only thing it offers is a fresh coat of fantasy paint, two storage slots instead of just one and a few extra pieces to put on the board eg. a portal which moves any piece to anywhere on the board and a few others. Also they expand on the 'triples' alot more so there's many more things to aim for over the others, eg. try to fill the board with 'good' pieces, knights, wizards etc. or fill it with 'evil' pieces, skeletons, dragons, treasure chests. So not entirely different at all but enough for me to like more over the others. I just wish the pricing was adjusted a little more fairly as it's not the first time we have seen something like this.
07-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
Nothing but a slightly changed skin.

Might have given it a go if the skin was changed enough, because I don't really like triple towns skin, but it's almost identical.

They should have atleast changed something.

triple town is suing that other cloner, so I would be surprised if they don't sue these guys too.

Looks like they even took there sprites and just slightly modified them, probably took the whole gamefile too, and just changed the sprites in paint, by copy and pasting random elements found on google, if they'll plagiarized a game, I'm sure they'll steal graphics too.

This won't end well >.<

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would try to compete with the original, the original is free and has heaps of apple exposure, if your going to spend time developing a game, why not actually come up with your own good idea. A clone with the original already on the AppStore never succeeds. Just an obvious fact of life.