Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
silentcorp silentcorp is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 307
Default

I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Wediafom24 Wediafom24 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Asmara, Eritrea
Posts: 1,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post
I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?
I don't recall swiping more than 20 times like you said (in ep1). I don't think that is normal. Perhaps I was using iPad 3, I don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Shadowking2214 Shadowking2214 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post
I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?
When I had my iPod 4 (I upgraded to 5) I didn't need to swipe a lot at all,actually I just moved me finger all the way to the right,the camera speeds up if you drag it further,or was it lag?
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Allanon Allanon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paranor
Posts: 647
Default

should I play this on my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it until I get the iPad 4?

(if the answer is wait til iPad 4, hopefully there is a sale on all the episodes around xmas time)
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
bigrand1 bigrand1 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
should I play this on my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it until I get the iPad 4?

(if the answer is wait til iPad 4, hopefully there is a sale on all the episodes around xmas time)
Maybe if we're lucky they'll have the fourth episode out by then.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Allanon Allanon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paranor
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Maybe if we're lucky they'll have the fourth episode out by then.
on iTunes in the 'top in-app purchases' section it says multipack episodes 2-5 for $14.99... so if I buy that I just download episode 4 & 5 when it comes out because it's been prepaid?

Also how many hours roughly are episodes 1-3?

Do you guys re-play previous episodes and make different decisions and if so, are there different saves or do u have to overwrite ?
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Candykiller Candykiller is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
on iTunes in the 'top in-app purchases' section it says multipack episodes 2-5 for $14.99... so if I buy that I just download episode 4 & 5 when it comes out because it's been prepaid?

Also how many hours roughly are episodes 1-3?

Do you guys re-play previous episodes and make different decisions and if so, are there different saves or do u have to overwrite ?
Yes, if you buy the multipack, you just download the episodes when they become available.

Episodes last around 2-3 hours each.

There are 3 game slots, so can play three games making different decisions without affecting the saves for each slot.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Allanon Allanon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paranor
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
Yes, if you buy the multipack, you just download the episodes when they become available.

Episodes last around 2-3 hours each.

There are 3 game slots, so can play three games making different decisions without affecting the saves for each slot.
legit thanks for that info it's really helpful

so which device should I play it on? my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it til I get the iPad 4? If it doesn't make much of a difference to wait I'll just get it now. I just want it to go on sale and I foresee that happening around xmas time
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Rusothil Rusothil is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
legit thanks for that info it's really helpful

so which device should I play it on? my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it til I get the iPad 4? If it doesn't make much of a difference to wait I'll just get it now. I just want it to go on sale and I foresee that happening around xmas time
Honestly the iPad 4. On my 64 gig 4s this game runs so bad. The story is intriguing, but the performance isn't worth another $15.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Allanon Allanon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paranor
Posts: 647
Default

Does any1 who plays this also play The Last Express? That game looks interesting and fun but I feel like Walking Dead is more of a create your own adventure, maybe ill just get both.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent