Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Part 2 of TellTale’s Walking Dead..wow. All the critical acclaim this game received..there was a reason. Not many games hit you like this. Just blazed through the chapter. I was literally shaking during the last parts of the chapter. Going to start part three now. Still an hour left on this ride. Such a powerful story.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well said... Let me know if you find a way to do that. I'll ride in with you.
Gotta find a time machine first...darn those are hard to come by though. This Dr. Porky von Fufu fellow seems like a type who might know where one is, though. Maybe he's a witch doctor of sorts who specializes in time travel.

Just a guess, though.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Gotta find a time machine first...darn those are hard to come by though. This Dr. Porky von Fufu fellow seems like a type who might know where one is, though. Maybe he's a witch doctor of sorts who specializes in time travel.

Just a guess, though.
I call bull spit.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatz666 View Post
I'm not assuming that everybody should LOVE this game. But I get really mad when I see, on the AppStore:
1 star
Review: the game is too expensive
"Capcom skin DLC for U MvsC3... £3. All walking dead episodes? £10.
My gooooood, it's sooooo expensive!
People should get a job....
I don't mind that as much as the bad reviews that state that the app in question won't work on their antiquated device and therefore it's bad.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM

Just finished Episode 5... It hurts knowing a game this great will take a long while to make a follow up to.

I'm not going to keep it on my phone ... Ill just save my choices on my phone's notepad and go the other way next time.

I still can't believe how bad the game tried to make me feel when I dropped that one guy.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
I still can't believe how bad the game tried to make me feel when I dropped that one guy.
Lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Finished the 4th episode of Walking Dead. Pretty abrupt cutoff. Don't want the game to end already, damn. One more section..

•••Spoiler:  I'm surprised so few people let Ben die. The game does indeed try to make you feel like shit.

I've been pretty surprised at times seeing how the decision polls turned out at the end of each episode of Walking Dead.

Last edited by backtothis; 01-30-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, episode 5 of Walking Dead was incredibly short. I'm surprised it offered nearly no answers. Guess that's where the sequel comes in. The events in this last section were definitely all pretty predictable. Doesn't mean it wasn't a powerful and emotional ride though. Took about 10 hours to beat the whole game. I'll replay it all one day. Very happy I took the time to experience TellTale's Walking Dead. I haven't ran through a single-player game of this length so fast in years. Started it just last Friday.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Wow, episode 5 of Walking Dead was incredibly short. I'm surprised it offered nearly no answers. Guess that's where the sequel comes in. The events in this last section were definitely all pretty predictable. Doesn't mean it wasn't a powerful and emotional ride though. Took about 10 hours to beat the whole game. I'll replay it all one day. Very happy I took the time to experience TellTale's Walking Dead. I haven't ran through a single-player game of this length so fast in years. Started it just last Friday.
Short but fantastic. The polls were surprising to me as well, I may have went about it all rather heartlessly but still, surely someone else dropped Ben.. Lol
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I also thought Episode 5 was a bit short and not as satisfying as I thought it would be after going through the rest of the game. Still excellent though.

I think it's kind of weird that they tracked the decision branches in the game. It seemed like what they were trying to do with the data from each episode was to make the later episodes more morally ambiguous, but it seems in most cases like they got farther away from 50/50 as the game progressed rather than closer.

What I gathered from I saw was that most people made choices that had immediate positive moral repercussions. I think the developers probably should have made both choices appear more similar in that regard. As it stood, there was usually a logical choice and a moral one, for lack of a better description. The anomaly I found is that I think most people did not shoot the woman so that they'd get more time to raid the drug store.

I'm also a bit curious about how representative the findings are because I'd suspect most people who play the game more than once are going to deliberately make choices they wouldn't instinctively make on additional playthroughs. For example, if 70 percent of people are charted as saving one person over another, does that really mean that 90 percent of people who only play the game once did so and the 20 percent drop is accounted for by experimental runs? When I play again, Lee's going to be one mean dude, that's for sure.