★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Muertitos (The Little Dead): A Matching Puzzle for your Brain.

Muertitos is an original fun puzzle game that uses the match 3 mechanic in a new way. If you love puzzles and crazy mexican traditions, Muertitos is the game for you.

Additionally, Muertitos has an amazing art inherited from Mexican culture, so it is flashy and colorful. Also, if you are not a fan of Día de los Muertos, the game has another set of characters just for you and more coming soon.

Features:

32 different characters available in two different sets (more coming soon)
4 different power-ups
Highscore leaderboard
Share your highscore to social networks
Share your calverita
Amazing OST
Crazy SFX
Completely average 4x4 Game Board
And tons of surprises!

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has played any of our games!
Already a fan of Muertitos or HyperBeard Games? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter
--------------------
Web: www.hyperbeardgames.com
Twitter: @HyperBeard
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HyperBeardGames

CygnetSeven's comments:

11-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey folks! This is a non-typical match-3 that checks all the boxes:

Great theme
Excellent stylized art
Atmospheric music
Interesting game play; you may have to use your noggin!
Game Center leaderboard
NO IAPS (just in case you didn't notice)
No ads or pushy social crap
Almost free

What are you waiting for? Support this!

In case you hadn't guessed, I like it. :-)

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 11-06-2014 at 04:02 PM.

11-06-2014, 04:02 PM
I've been seeing this on Twitter...a lot guess TA accreditation is all I needed to push me to buy it
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I've been seeing this on Twitter...a lot guess TA accreditation is all I needed to push me to buy it
Same here, I couldn't believe it didn't have a thread. Dave Marsh and Korigame (and Slewis!!!) are raving about it. I'll grab it tonight.

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
11-06-2014, 04:26 PM
In a way, this game is like Threes!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-06-2014, 05:56 PM
This looks absolutely awesome! Thanks for creating the thread CS (and mentioning it elsewhere ). Bought.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This looks absolutely awesome! Thanks for creating the thread CS (and mentioning it elsewhere ). Bought.
Excitable boy, they all said!

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
11-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Wow, I didn't know about this. Thanks for submitting our game to this wonderful forums

Hello, my name is Antonio Uribe and I'm a Mexican game developer. I'm the cofounder of HyperBeard Games, the studio that made Muertitos.

Muertitos is a matching puzzle game that adds thinking ahead and planning to the genre, it was designed in a way that seems easy at the beginning but gets harder every move you make. The game was born out of our love for the 'Día de los Muertos' (Day of the Dead). We included some aspects of our culture in the art of the game, most of the time you play with pieces that look like Mexican 'calaveritas', they are super interesting and colorful.

The game is played in a 4x4 grid where the player must push in pieces in order to match them with those that are like them and make a lot of points. The player starts with 4 different 'calaveritas'. The player unlocks more as he plays.

Muertitos has 2 different sets of art, the first is inspired in the 'Día de los Muertos' and the second is inspired in popular Halloween monsters. This was done so the player decides which pieces to use and to unite this two holidays. The game costs $0.99 USD, this so we don't have to bother the player with ads or selling time or those horrible things free-to-play games do. We are going to be constantly adding new skins (sets of art), we are going to gift some sets and others are going to be sold in the 'characters' section of the game.

More about HyperBeard Games:

The studio is brand new, it was born at the beginning of 2014 with the work of Antonio Uribe and Juan Pablo Riebeling. We have worked together for years in different game studios and we wanted to do our own games so we started making games under HyperBeard Games. A couple of months after that, Mario Carballo joined us, he started making our website and after that he helped us with the games. We have a couple of other games under our name, Bouncing Dude and Palabraz.

Our first game, Bouncing Dude is a small endless game where the player needs to survive as monsters enter from the edges of the screen. Is a tap to shoot with the character bouncing in the screen shooting away from the monsters. The score is calculated whit how many monsters you kill. This game has leaderboards, ranks and accuracy so we see who are the best players. This is all registered on Google Play Services and GameCenter.

Palabraz is our second game, it is a spelling game based on common spelling errors in spanish. Palabraz was well received by players and press, this game manages to teach you while you play. It has more than 100k downloads and was #1 in more than 17 countries that speak spanish. In October 16 we released an update with music, sounds, a new level and a couple of surprises for the fans.

Thanks in advance for your kind words, for downloading and sharing the game!!

Here are some promo codes for you, enjoy them

4PYWEPL4TJLE -- taken
WA4K7X7MK9FY -- taken
ARJRKLFT9W66 -- taken
9W3MKALR39W3 -- taken
PX4RY3KLF76N -- taken
NAAEY3KWNM69 -- taken
4FPWW6TNARHR -- taken
EMXT9TRMY7JP -- taken

more info about Muertitos http://www.hyperbeardgames.com/game/muertitos/
email : firetony.uribe@gmail.com
FB: www.facebook.com/HyperBeardGames