Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Re: circle and zigzag gestures. These have been greatly improved... but I suspect anyone that doesn't like doing the gestures will just switch to the virtual controls.

We wanted to "push the envelope" with the touch controls. In retrospect, we should have just offered both .. however, the update will take care of that.

Re: beta testers. Sure, we can always use another, just visit the contact page at www.bigcavegames.com (that's the easiest way)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Bastion and Anomaly Warzone Earth HD says hi.
Really wish they would make an iPhone version of Bastion. It is an amazing game! I played through like five times on the Xbox arcade version.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:29 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The only thing holding me back from getting this was the controls... Now that I see more options will be added... BOUGHT!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@BigCave View Post
Re: circle and zigzag gestures. These have been greatly improved...
Will we be able to use the gestures in combination with the thumb stick for movement? I really like the gestures, but the tap to move controls are made frustrating thanks to the lack of hold to move (the abiity to slide the finger and change movement direction without additional taps).

Only being able to choose either thumb stick + buttons or the current control scheme would represent a compromise between two non-ideal systems for me, and be a wasted opportunity. Though, ideally, I'd see hold to move implemented in the current control scheme as well (eliminating the need for the thumb stick and the new controls for some of us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oJAKEo0o View Post
Really wish they would make an iPhone version of Bastion. It is an amazing game! I played through like five times on the Xbox arcade version.
They might, depending on the sales of the iPad version. They se no absolute technical limitations to porting Bastion to iPhone.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I like the intro! Too cool, and waiting for the update so I can play with virtua controls! Too cool.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
new update coming soon from the facebook of big cave games and two new pics of the upcoming levels

"Big update for ORC: Vengeance is coming soon! The update includes new dungeons to explore, more control options (virtual controls), difficulty modes, and more."

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...46259815_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...45398917_n.jpg
Hallelujah for the new control options! Screenshots look pretty cool too.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I really enjoyed this game when was out and now that IB Dungeons is postponed i think i m gonna give another shot to this to try the new control scene and the new dungeons... I don't know if this has been answered but the iCloud file will bring back all my progress (weapons etc) or i have to play the whole stuff from scratch after reinstall?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Assuming you didn't nuke your iCloud saves, you should be fine. Look in Settings, iCloud etc to see if the Orc saves are still there.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@BigCave View Post
Assuming you didn't nuke your iCloud saves, you should be fine. Look in Settings, iCloud etc to see if the Orc saves are still there.
Yes is still there!!! Thanks for answer, cannot wait for the update! Great work guys!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Game Controls

After picking this up yesterday and playing for a few hours I have to say I actually like the "tap to move, do gestures" interface, and prefer it to thumbstick.
The main reason is that I suffer from RSI, and playing with a thumbstick and buttons I tend to cramp my hands and lower arms, thus making it worse.
With the tap/gesture controls, I can play with one hand while resting my iPad comfortably, e.g. on my table or bed. This considerably reduces stress on my hands and lower arms.

Buttons for the skills might be a good addition, though.
What I would like to see is that you can mix freely: "Tap to move" with buttons, thumbstick with gestures.

Gestures:
The only one I do not like is the circle, because that one is rather hard to get correctly at the moment.
If the developers read here: May I suggest to replace the circle with an "open at the bottom rectangle"? The swipe would then be "up, right, down" .

And at least one more skill slot would be nice as well.
A "V" shape could be used as gesture, as it is rather distinctive and easy to draw.

As for the game itself:
The story so far is well-told (but nothing too original; well, guess I've seen everything already ) , the environment nicely done, sufficiently gloomy, and - a big bonus in my book - with a good eye for detail (e.g. the wheel on a wrecked cart still spinning slightly) .
Gameplay is good and consistent, difficulty so far goes from easy (most standard monsters) via slightly challenging (some monsters) to moderately challenging (bosses) .

EDIT: Update on the gestures: Does anyone know how to do the "zigzag" gesture? So far I cannot get it to work with what I tried. But then I might not have the gesture down correctly.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 10-23-2012 at 02:12 PM..