★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The #1 iOS Game of 2012 according to GameTrailers.com!

"Without doubt the finest puzzle game we've ever played on our mobiles." - Modojo.com (5 out of 5 stars)

"This is a puzzle game that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the very best of the genre" - EuroGamer.net

"Perfect touch controls never let you down. Manages to find a unique twist on line-formation gameplay." - Gamezebo.com (4.5 out of 5)

Slydris is a unique and engaging puzzle game with a simple premise but deceptively deep gameplay:

* Slide and drop blocks to create full lines of blocks.
* Create combos of falling blocks and clearing lines to fill up your bomb meter faster.
* Create a row of a single color for a color burster.
* Other special blocks (Shatter, Upcoming, Locked, and Magnet) add gameplay variety and challenge.

The three modes are Infinite Mode, Zen Mode, and Survival Mode:

* In Infinite Mode, a new set of blocks drops after every move you make, so take as much time as you want. Clear 25 lines to move onto the next level.

* Zen Mode functions similarly to Infinite Mode, but the difficulty is more dynamic, there are no achievements or scores to worry about, and your game will never end (in Infinite Mode, the game ends if the stack reaches the top row).

* In Survival Mode, you have 10 seconds to make as many moves as you can to clear the lines of blocks, then a barrage of blocks will drop, and the cycle begins again. Quick thinking and nimble fingers are required to do well.

Slydris is a highly polished and customizable puzzle game for all ages. Select from 3 music tracks and dark or light backgrounds.

Slydris supports Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards, iPad Retina Display, and iCloud saving.

killercow's comments:

07-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Does this contain IAP?

07-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Does this contain IAP?
For all I know, Radiangames' titles are devoid of any form of IAP.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
07-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
For all I know, Radiangames' titles are devoid of any form of IAP.
You're right, I was actually thinking of a completely different developer.
07-25-2012, 06:07 AM
wow this looks sweet, radiangames stepping out of their comfort zone from dual sticks to puzzle games i'm gonna deff pick this up.
07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
And another one for the Radiangames folder.
Roll on midnite!

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
07-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow, a nonshooter?
07-25-2012, 04:04 PM
what a great video, i might pick this up if there is this robotic voice and music involved in the game itself
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
PraetorianX: I tried to put the voice in the game (spent more than a few hours on it), but it just didn't fit. If I had started with the voice first and added other sound effects on top of it, it probably would have worked better. The music in the trailer is based on one of the gameplay songs, but it's not the same. I always create trailer music based on existing gameplay music, but the pacing for gameplay vs. a trailer is significantly different, and the music was also modified to be in tune with the voice.

killercow: Super Crossfire actually has IAP, but it's not very obvious and completely optional. I'm trying to avoid IAP in my games, but I have to admit I have considered it for future games. So far I haven't needed to do it. I promise to be as un-evil about it as possible if it ever happens.

If I port the games to Android, those versions would be more likely to have prominent IAP than the current iOS versions (any Ouya versions would likely be an exception) for obvious piracy-related reasons.

Luke
07-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Looks interesting. Anyone have played it yet? Otherwise I might try to get us an Promo Code and create an Gameplay Trailer.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-03-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.