Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM

we're all aware of where thee idea came from. is the game good, is the question.
cloning is cloning, but what about games that build on the original idea?

like most console action, rpg, and fps, they follow a format and build on it.
as the gaming industry becomes more social, the sense of entitlement from the 'critics' must rly give devs a headache.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben starks View Post
we're all aware of where thee idea came from. is the game good, is the question.
cloning is cloning, but what about games that build on the original idea?

like most console action, rpg, and fps, they follow a format and build on it.
as the gaming industry becomes more social, the sense of entitlement from the 'critics' must rly give devs a headache.
From what I saw in Sanaku's gameplay video there isnt really anything new. It is pretty much just like Battleheart, Raid Leader, or Heroes vs Monsters. When I plan to invest my time in a game that looks and plays just like several games before it I have the right to be a "critic"
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Your racist stereotyping attitude will not help you in any way in this forum, or in real life.
Gamevil may not have taken character models directly out of the original game, like EGSL did just a few days ago with Armed Heroes and Torchlight, but from the videos, this game isn't simply another game like Battlehearts, but a total Battlehearts clone, including gameplay, graphics, art style etc.

Heck, Raidleader at least added 3D graphics, but this... This is Battlehearts.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM

is there any multiplayer coop?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM

Dang thought this looked good until I watched the video. The least they could've done was change a few gameplay elements around from Battleheart but this looks identical. Passing on this one.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I said it before and I'll say it again,Battleheart set the bar too high for ALL of these types of games (they ALL fail in comparison).Mika Mobile Inc should really make a part 2.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukusanagi View Post
is there any multiplayer coop?
PvP.

I enjoyed the Android version on my phone so I'm sure having this on the iPad will be sweet. My only complaint on the Android version was it drained my battery and heated up my device pretty quick (from it requiring a steady online connection...). Outside of that, Gamevil did a great job on expanding little things that users asked for out of Battleheart. There is a lot more overall customization with your characters (which Gamevil has always been great at as well as rpg elements), and the interface is more user-friendly (i.e. you can touch your character icon to choose the character as well as drag skills onto character icons like buffs and heals to activate them. You can still touch your characters for the same effect).

Any fan of Battleheart will find this game to be very fun and better than Trinity's version. The iap is not necessary unless you want to speed up your characters with gold and/or premium items like all other iaps in Gamevil games.

Last edited by GodSon; 07-26-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM

The IAP is really bad IMO. Customization is really only possible by buying starred items. Stars are available as IAP.
In addition, upgrading of skills has a percentage of failure that increases with skill level and decreases your current skill level if the upgrade failed. I got my Knight's 1st skill downgraded back to level 1.
You need to buy items from the store to prevent downgrade of skills but there is no items to prevent the upgrade failure.
There's even nothing new in the gameplay except PvP but you need network scrolls which of course you need to purchase with stars via IAP.
Anyway I find this really atrocious. Totally not recommended.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Gamevil is horrible.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Developer
iPhone 6

This is a okey to play title from Gamevil, but nothing is standing out enough from Battleheart.

I really don't like it at all while seeing those heroes line up in a straight line to receive their xp at the end of the level, the clone doesn't need to be that exact though...

I recommend it to people that love Battleheart and want to find similar things to mess around with, otherwise, play Battleheart before trying this one for a better experience.