★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40teeth View Post
The IAP is really bad IMO. Customization is really only possible by buying starred items. Stars are available as IAP.
In addition, upgrading of skills has a percentage of failure that increases with skill level and decreases your current skill level if the upgrade failed. I got my Knight's 1st skill downgraded back to level 1.
You need to buy items from the store to prevent downgrade of skills but there is no items to prevent the upgrade failure.
There's even nothing new in the gameplay except PvP but you need network scrolls which of course you need to purchase with stars via IAP.
Anyway I find this really atrocious. Totally not recommended.
Wow, this is gobsmacking. Thanks for the info, I will look elsewhere.
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I really wanna try it cuz I love Gamevil games but that's probably the most I'm going to do.

I seriously think Gamevil is currently the most greedy bigger ios game company. They make ridiculous IAP and have changed just about every game to free. At least Gameloft tries to mix things up every now and then. And in Gameloft I really don't feel like IAP is all over my junk like when I play Gamevil games.

07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILen(e View Post
Oh, i wonder how they got the idea for the gameplay and the art style...

And they are Korean... Any familiy ties to Samsung?
go blow yourself

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
07-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I just asked if there are any familiy ties to Samsung, another korean "Me-Too"-company with comparable creativity. (And a company whose CEO was a nephew of the Samsung-CEO created the equally creative "Smartcase"^^)

Epic Raiders compares to Battlehearts like Dream Heights to Tiny Tower - and when Zynga cloned Tiny Tower, all hell in the forums broke lose.

There should be no "Hm, doesn't really add much to Battlehearts" in this thread, there should be more "SHAME ON YOU, Gamevil!"
07-25-2012, 05:53 PM
this game is extremely cheesy.
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
^^^ don't care...

I'm loving these Battleheart clones... can't wait to check this one out. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILen(e View Post
I just asked if there are any familiy ties to Samsung, another korean "Me-Too"-company with comparable creativity.
i think everyone with some presence of intellect got it.
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
battleheart > this. by far.
07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Freemium Battleheart ripoff. Way to miss the point.

Shame on Gamevil, I suppose.
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again,Battleheart set the bar too high for ALL of these types of games (they ALL fail in comparison).Mika Mobile Inc should really make a part 2.
They are, just look in the Battleheart thread...