Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM

I would have been happy with an expansion. But I suppose sequels are good. Mika Mobile are awesome: no IAP and always deliver on quality.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 AM

Want to own in pvp? Too bad unless your a hacker or rich. Hahahaha
Old 07-26-2012, 05:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Game is pretty good but so many items require real cash that cant be bought oterwise. Still if you liked Battleheart i say give this one a shot.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemer View Post
Game is pretty good but so many items require real cash that cant be bought oterwise. Still if you liked Battleheart i say give this one a shot.
I'm not actually sure why anyone would want to play this over Battleheart which offers a much more enjoyable experience without the blatant IAP.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM

This game without IAP would be one giant yawn fest. With IAP it's offensive.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Take a break from Battleheart and try something else in same genre. Im not comparing the two just saying its worth checking out if you liked BH.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40teeth View Post
I'm not actually sure why anyone would want to play this over Battleheart which offers a much more enjoyable experience without the blatant IAP.
Online multiplayer?

(As I haven't played it, I've no idea if this game is ANY good, or just how blatantly off-ripped it is, but all the posts saying "play Battleheart instead" and "just another clone with no unique characteristics whatsoever" seem to ignore the fact that Epic Raiders actually offers a feature that was often requested but never implemented in Battleheart, and one that promises to truly extend the lifespan of the game for dedicated fans of the genre, those who quickly exhausts all single player content. I remember myself thinking that a Battleheart with an online mode might just be one of the most casually entertaining multiplayer experiences for the platform. Seems to me that Epic Raiders, regardless of its actual clone-ness and IAP abuse, might have hit a very sweet spot, one that actually offers something NEW to Battleheart fans...)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM

Making PvP actually free to play could be a saving grace.
Or not. As someone said the IAP is really offensive.
Even if people are willing to spent on IAP, money is definitely not well spent.
Especially with the high upgrade failure rates that can potentially erase your 'investments'.

I agree that multiplayer was what actually drew me to a Gamevil game.
Unfortunately its not free as you actually need to purchase items to play online.
I certainly won't recommend this to TA readers. Just save yourselves the pain.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Whoa whoa whoa ppl, hold on

Man, I have been on this forum since Crimsonheart, but man, after reading some of these posts I felt the need to step in. Wh do people use the word "clone"?! Be more creative, try "slightly different game design" or "water painting of the Mona Lisa" I have been playing this for the past 3 hours and I must say its actually a really fun game. The IAP are pretty ridiculous, but u don't HAVE to buy them. I have about 8,000 gold just from 2-3 hours of playing, and that's AFTER I bought some armor and stuff. The very first "old box" I. Opened gave me a rare savage leather helmet, which I then upgraded. Later I got a Unique Soldiers bow from an old box. U can get good items without IAP. Now people who buy IAP WILL have an advantage, but if I come across one of those people just exit the game and restart or whatever ya do. Only real gripe I have so far is it won't let me sign in or register ti the Gamevil site. I WANNA PVP AND HIRE FRIENDS MERCS. That's my opinion on this game. Is Battleheart still better overall? Yes. But are there some things I like better in this game better than BH? Also yes. (definitely like the BH art design more tho). I think Mika is a better company than Gamevil, an Mika is only a 2 person company. I can't wait for BH2 or whatever it will be called, I'll pay $5 for it, because I know Mika won't dissapoint. If Gamevil will just start making games that don't have huge IAP, and just charge $2-$4 dollars for them, they will get a better rep.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtall View Post
It's Gamevil so yeah there will be IAP
Well it's F2P. Screams IAP. Oozes it from its pores.

Oh, wait it's Gamevil. Figures.