Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzY View Post
I remember playing this on my old Nokia phone, nice to see it on the iOS. Although I think old cell-shaded vector graphics fitted the game better...

I knew I recognised the name! I used to have this on my old Sony Ericsson dumbphones, if this is anything like that old version, I recomend it to everyone.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow if this had the graphics from the old version it would have been an instabuy from me. But the new version looks a bit crappy IMO.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Been playing this for 20 min and so far I have reached half of the second world, out of 6. Levels seem to get bigger eventually

Gameplay: Its a platforming game where you control a blob that can fit almost anywhere, and on each mission you have to guide him through a maze of obstacles and some physics puzzle like moving rocks, pulling levers, playing with bombs, clearing a path,... to get to the objective. You also have to collect a star hidden in each level.

Good: It has a lot of cutscenes and dialog texts here building a story, and each mission adds something new. Its a Square-Enix game so expect layers of polish. Controls are good, responsive even in the most complicated circunstances, not floaty and precisr. Blog animations remind me of Blobster. Physics do a pretty job too, so you dont feel cheated

Bad: Somehow the blobs dont feel like they belong here, and those screenshots above show what the game should have been instead... not saying this has bad graphics. The sound of the blob after each jump and no option to turn audio off without muting everything.

Conclusion so far: I will play this until completion, is fun to play and a joy overall, with a rich story and gameplay behind it

Final Rating: After completion
Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I agree with Frost... This game is really good, the physics amazing and the graphics are crisp.

The downside? THE JUMP SOUND IS ANNOYING.

Other than that, this game is an easy recommendation expecially to those who love platformers.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

@Exact-Pscience Yeah that sound is indeed annoying, even more as you progress as you jump more and more on later worlds, lucky us, those later stages are amazing, so it compensates a little. I wrote that on my iTunes review so maybe they remove it... Hope
Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can't agree more with the comments in this thread...the game's bloody fantastic, but that WEH! WEH! WEH! needs to go.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM

Hahahahaha... yeah, that sound is atrocious... the whole game oozes quality as you settle into it. And then you jump... the first time you kinda raise your eyebrows a little, the second time you check to make sure you're actually playing a Square Enix game, as you absent mindedly ponder how many countless other dodgy games use a similar sound. Great game, crappy jump sound. Needs to be changed ASAP.

Would also love the option to switch to the alternate graphics above.

Last edited by The Son of Anarchy; 07-27-2012 at 06:43 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finished!

Good: This game is great. A great platformer with lots of story behind it, good physics, controls and puzzles. This game was originally released 5 years ago, and it sure was a landmark back them because years later it still shines. A joy to play through-out.

Bad: the Wee sound it makes EVERY time you jump, really annoying (played this with almost no sound due to this). Waz and Wiz dont fit in this new engine. Some cheap deaths

Conclusion: Should have played this on my old Nokia, but better late than never

Final Rating: 4 out of 5 (great)
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM
iPhone (Original), iOS 3.x

Yeah, SquareEnix is no more the great company it was years before...
SolaRola is sold as iOS3 compatible... but is NOT.
Lame programmers.
Avoid.

___
SolaRola [SQUARE ENIX] (v1.1.0 os31)
dyld: Symbol not found: _UIBackgroundTaskInvalid Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 3.x

SquareEnix has billions of dollars and army of programmers. But they don't even understand what "support" means. They send emails, stupid emails, one or two per weeks ("your problem is still alive, and we don't even begin yet to look at it"). They have some kind of quotas: they need to send enough useless empty emails, so their boss is happy.

You know, this kind of messages:
- "Are you sure it crashes ?". Yes.
- "Did you reboot ? Did you reinstall ?". Yes.
- "Why don't you put iOS6 on your iPhone1 ?". Damn.
- "Are you sure that our sold-as-iOS3-compatible app really needs to run on iOS3 ?". Lame.
- "Our app doesn't even start, but now send us a screenshot or we won't fix it !". Stop.
- "What do you mean by 'crash-report' ?". Yup.
- "Do we need to understand what means 'dyld: Symbol not found: _UIBackgroundTaskInvalid Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit' ?". Argh.
- "Perhaps you should buy an Android phone ?!". Sorry.
- "Try to download previous version !". Impossible.
- "Please, buy other of our games. Some very expensive ones. Please !". No.
- "SuperFamicom was great. Find one, and some of our last good games". Fine.
- Etc.

Don't wait for a fix: we'll die before they begin to think to start to ask a developper to google the error message...