Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotEmu View Post
Hello all,

Yes, we did take into account original speed ships (which are different) into the touch mode controls algorithm, in order not to make the game too much easy. We do understand from feedback here that some people are looking for "1:1" touch mode controls (ship moving as fast as your finger).

Let us discuss with SNK Playmore if we can push an update with "1:1" ship speed mode, as some people here are more used too. Might take a few weeks, though.
Yeah, please add this, if you have to, add another harder difficulty setting somehow too if the game is too easy...
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 AM

Anyone able to confirm the framerate / smoothness on an iPhone 4?

R-Type was converted by the same company and that doesn't quite run as smoothly as I was expecting.. and it's a much simpler game.

Used to play this a lot on a PC neo geo emulator and loved it!

EDIT: I'll download anyway.. can't resist! It's only 2 quid!

EDIT2:: Ignore the question! STUNNING work! Congrats to DotEmu, that's a brilliant conversion.

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 07-26-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 04:27 AM

Basically what I need at this point is two things:

1) 1:1 touch-motion ratio and

2) an autofire option: make the "super" weapon work by holding it (charging) and releasing it (fire)

Otherwise the game is great as ever, but I can't see myself 1cc-ing it with the current controls, even on easy.
Please devs, consider the options above.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
My main problem with the controls is probably my fault, because I usually play horizontal shumps by controlling the ship with my right hand. So, you can move the controls, yeah? Well yeah, you can....but you can't place the A and B buttons in the lower left corner.
Don't delete it!

To place the buttons in the lower left corner in "touch" mode, you have to do this:

Go into control config
Change to pad mode (trust me)
Move the pad over to the right side of the screen
Move the buttons over to the left corner
Swap back to touch mode

The game assumes the pad is taking up that position, even in touch mode, when you are configuring controls.

I hope this improves your enjoyment of the game!

Personally, I want LAST RESORT more than any other Neo Geo game on my iPad - fingers crossed, I suppose.

[edit] - Also, if anyone wants a 1:1 movement ratio, pick one of the ships with speed maxed out (3 bars). I know that's not the perfect solution, but there's a reason the more powerful ships move slower ... they're more powerful.

Last edited by Planetshooter; 07-26-2012 at 05:37 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:35 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Another vote for Last Resort !!!

But would love an official version of Ikari Warriors or Galaxy Fight (Two other SNK games)
Old 07-26-2012, 05:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

DotEmu, looks like the same "video settings not saved when the app is killed from the multitask bar" bug from Metal Slug is here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Don't delete it!

To place the buttons in the lower left corner in "touch" mode, you have to do this:

Go into control config
Change to pad mode (trust me)
Move the pad over to the right side of the screen
Move the buttons over to the left corner
Swap back to touch mode

The game assumes the pad is taking up that position, even in touch mode, when you are configuring controls.

I hope this improves your enjoyment of the game!
Thanks for the private message dude. Gave it a try and ultimately because there isn't autofire, my left hand just gets way too tired mashing on the buttons. I just sat there for a while and played over and over with the default scheme and it's alright... I'll get used to it. I'm CERTAINLY not deleting this.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Another vote for Last Resort !!!

But would love an official version of Ikari Warriors or Galaxy Fight (Two other SNK games)
Ikari warriors one of my favorite games...spent so much money on it, I could finish it with one quarter.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Gave it a try and ultimately because there isn't autofire, my left hand just gets way too tired mashing on the buttons.
Autofire should be very easy for them to add. I hope they do, it's not nice that you're going through physical pain to play it as it is!

Good week this week, though - this game, 'Orc: Vengeance' and 'Manos' - three very different and fun games.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
By the way (grovel grovel), great work in the last couple of weeks with Metal Slug (thankyou !) and Blazing Star

Please could you answer these questions...

Can both games be icade compatible ? I heard Metal Slug is but i cant get it working, doesnt seem to be an obvious option in the game ?

Also i take it there'll be more SNK/Dotemu games coming out ? Great job so far with them, would be nice to hear some hype about them (so its not a complete surprise when they suddenly appear)

Got both of them, great stuff
Hey there - iCade works on both. Just as the game starts proper while icade is all lined up and in cabinet etc hit the home button then open metal slug or blazing star and it works a treat.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Hey there - iCade works on both. Just as the game starts proper while icade is all lined up and in cabinet etc hit the home button then open metal slug or blazing star and it works a treat.
Thanks i'll try that again, couldnt get it working previously with Metal Slug