★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Horde

06-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Zombie Horde

Zombie Shooting Fun. Reminds me of Call Of Duty 5 Zombie Mod :-P

The game has 3 game modes, Normal, Arsenal and Time Attack. In Normal you have Zombies attacking from the right and coming to your base, and you have to shoot them by tapping on the screen. You have a pistol at the beginning, and you just tap to shoot. When your magazine is empty your weapon reloads. You can also manually reload. If you kill enough zombies, you can buy a new weapon, selecting from a Shotgun, SMG, Chaingun and Grenade Launcher. Each weapon has its own rate of fire, price, etc. The zombies come in wave after wave, in growing numbers and with stronger properties. Your main goal in Normal mode is to protect your base.

Arsenal game mode is essentially the same, but here you have all the weapons from the beginning with a certain amount of ammo... But you can't buy new ammo. So you have to hold out as long as you can.

Time Attack mode brings Hordes and Hordes of Zombies each wave, and you are given a certain amount of time with a Kill goal that you have to fulfil. So you have to kill 30 Zombies in 30 seconds for example, and it gets harder each wave. You have to buy weapons in this mode as well, but there is no base, the zombies just run through.

The sound ist the best thing in this game. Each weapon has a great bass sound and you can hear your weapon shooting, cocking, reloading. There is an ambient sound in the background, which brings you in the right mood. Frame rate is very smooth, even with a lot of zombies on the screen. The interface (buying, shooting, reloading) is very simple and easy to use. It's just tapping, there is no accelerometer control. The game is 99 Cents.

This game is great fun, try it out!

Last edited by thgc; 06-01-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Missing info
06-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
06-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Originally Posted by SlideToPlay Phil View Post
Nothing like it lol looks boring
Didn't say it looked it I said it reminds me of it

And the graphics really don't do the gameplay justice. The game is pretty fun.
06-01-2009, 08:05 AM
i bought it (cant go wrong with that price)
no actually its very addictive thanks for the link
mayb best zombie game til now
06-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Bam bam bam bam ;-))

Hey, I like that stuff... and I hate it cause it killed my weekend - way too addictive... Best thing is to buy a shotgun und then stick your five fingers simultaneously on your iphone :-))
hehehe.... it becomes pretty difficult to win a wave over time
the price is just brillant for such a game