★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pyramid Run removed from App Store?

07-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Pyramid Run removed from App Store?

Does anyone have any information around this?

Glad to see Flick Kick Football slide on into first
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Seeing as it was a blatant rip-off of Temple Run (note I said rip-off, not clone) to the point of having ripped some of their art, it is astounding that it took Apple weeks to take it down. Plus it was probably also propped up by bots / false downloads, another reason for a takedown.
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Lots of blogs were reporting how much of a rip off the game was of TEMPLE RUN (go play that game if you like that genre) I am not surprised. Nor am I surprised because it appeared to have been unplayable due to ads that popped up DURING game play (according to reviews) and allowed you to die because of them.

So not only was it a rip off (as the above poster said not just a game of the genre but a flat out rip) it was an ad machine designed to just get the dev as much $ in a short amount of time as possible.

Hate devs that try to ride someone else's coattails in shady ways so I say good it is gone.
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
This was going to happen sooner or later, I'm not surprised. After all of these Temple [insert action here] and [insert word here] run games, it's hard for me to see how people keep getting them.
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
It is back as Pyramid Chasing.

10-05-2012, 03:32 AM
The nightmare continues.....